PDA

View Full Version : Really Slow Transitions on Site

Geobob
01-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Greetings -

Is anyone else experiencing really slow transition times on the site, i.e., after replying to a thread, or switching between threads or subforums? A few times, I've had to refresh the URL to get things to happen. Sometimes it seems the wait is related to several advertisements changing out on the top of the site I have a relatively highspeed broadband, and everything else online is working normal. Hope this is something that resolves.

For a number of days, I was experiencing the same failure of the site to open and error message when logging in, but that appears fixed tonight.

JustinN
01-24-2013, 09:31 PM
For a while I saw the delay, it was while trying to correct the redirect error, but since those delays have gone away for me. You're still seeing the issue tonight?

chrish
01-24-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm still seeing it tonight, noticed it earlier figured it might be my 'hotspot' connection at the time. But I'm on cable tonight and it's still a bit laggy. No biggie, just confirming for you.

RRP
01-25-2013, 01:24 AM
The delays, and associated notices, I experienced doing searches (New Posts) during the last few days have been resolved. Tonight, searches occur much more quickly; as they used to. Of course, at this hour there are probably fewer users logged on.

Flincher
01-25-2013, 07:47 AM
Still slow for me this morning

Tinman507
01-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Make sure you clear out your browser's cache.

Logout, clear cache, close the browser and restart.

It's been perfect for me for the past 24 hours. Mostly back to the way it was a week ago.

thanks JohnH!

Geobob
01-25-2013, 11:08 PM
Tonight (midnight) it seems more related to the changing advertisements at the top of the page when going to different subforums.....

Tinman507
01-26-2013, 03:16 AM
Try using Firefox with the Ad Block Addon. No ads

RRP
01-26-2013, 03:40 AM

This.

It works. I don't even see the advertising you talk about.

JFootin
01-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Tonight (midnight) it seems more related to the changing advertisements at the top of the page when going to different subforums.....

This.

It works. I don't even see the advertising you talk about.

+1 on not seeing the ads in Firefox.

My Firefox has been getting slower over the last few weeks/months. I often have to hit F5 to finish loading a page. I called my ISP's tech support to check the speed and it is a little better than what I am paying for. As it turned out, we concluded that my HUGE collection of bookmarks is slowing Firefox down because it tries to keep them in memory for quick access. So, I am going to have to take an hour to seriously cull my bookmarks and see if I can get it lean and mean again.