PDA

View Full Version : Geobob has been nominated

MikeyKahr
01-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Colonel and leaders,

I hereby nominate Geobob to the official Kahrtalk welcome crew. I think a Kahr hat is in order for our kind fellow from Missouri for being so gosh darn welcoming. He has made a point to say hello and be kind to all of our new visitors since he's been here (a mere 120+ posts, mind you). I do NOT say this lightly, but his kindness reminds me a bit of how welcoming our dearly departed dietrich was while he graced us with his presence. Now, I know, no one ever will be dietrich, especially with his one-line zingers. But I just have to say, thank you Geobob for being a genuinely nice and welcoming person!

Bawanna
01-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Request acknowledged and noted. I'll work on that. Agree with your nomination too.

Flincher
01-25-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm relatively new to this forum, so don't understand the significance of this ( genuine or not), but welcome, or congrats, or whatever to whomever:)

jeepster09
01-25-2013, 11:20 AM
:19: That's a North Dakota thing....now go watch a Fargo rerun...:001_tt2:

We in Minnesota understand.:D

Flincher
01-25-2013, 12:31 PM
:19: That's a North Dakota thing....now go watch a Fargo rerun...:001_tt2:

We in Minnesota understand.:D

:DGood one, but you got it wrong. Fargo took place in Minnesota;):D:D

Geobob
01-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Mikey et.al.

You are too kind in your words; I appreciate your nomination on my behalf. I do not know the tradition behind it, but I can tell you it is an honor. I wish I had known Dietrich; he sounds like one heckuva a great person..... For me, I believe all new members should be recognized, and help and direction given as appropriate. Since forced retirement from the Army Guard aviation, I dearly miss the comraderie we had there. It is really good to get the same feelings here.

Thanks again, guys! And, we carry on......