PDA

View Full Version : CW Frame question...

TacTeacher
03-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Hello gang,

New to the Forum. I just aquired a CW9 and a K40 is on the way. I had a question about the CW9 frame. Are the frame for the CW9 and the CW40 the same frame?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks to all,
TT

Bawanna
03-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Hello gang,

New to the Forum. I just aquired a CW9 and a K40 is on the way. I had a question about the CW9 frame. Are the frame for the CW9 and the CW40 the same frame?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks to all,
TT

Welcome aboard TacTeacher. I don't know the answer to your question but theres some fellas here that I'm sure will help you out. I have a K40 that I get along with just fine. Like it alot. Aching for a 45, someday.

TacTeacher
03-28-2010, 08:42 PM
I had a K40 in the past and regretted getting rid of it. Now I have another coming and it's a keeper.

The CW9 is for the lady of the house, but I was just curious about it. The frames look the same to the naked eye. I might just call Kahr tomorrow and see what they have to say about it.

ripley16
03-29-2010, 06:36 AM
According to the web site the .40 slide is wider, .90" Versus .94", therefore one can assume the slide is proportionally wider as well. If you're wondering what that means as far as holster fit...it will depend on the particular holster.

TacTeacher
04-01-2010, 09:24 PM
I was wondering if I could put a CW40 slide on a CW9 frame. I was also thinking about a K9 slide on a K40 frame.

I spoke with Kahr today and they said "absolutely not", but somehow I feel like they were obligated to say that. I will just have to go look at the two side by side and make a determination. I would really like to be able to put a K9 slide on a K40 frame so I could add a threaded barrel and suppress it.

Kahr did say that they are looking at selling extended and threaded barrels for their pistols. All they need to do is take the barrels they port and thread them instead of porting them.

It would be a nice addition to their options.

ripley16
04-02-2010, 05:26 AM
I I would really like to be able to put a K9 slide on a K40 frame so I could add a threaded barrel and suppress it.

:confused:

Why? What does one have to do with the other? I don't get it??? :rolleyes:

TacTeacher
04-02-2010, 10:35 AM
:confused:

Why? What does one have to do with the other? I don't get it??? :rolleyes:

Then I could have two calibers for one gun. Since I'm not made of money it would be a less expensinve alternative to buying a K9 and a K40.

I stand corrected on something I mentioned earlier. Kahr will NOT be releasing extended threaded barrels. They called back this morning and said they would not be offering them.

It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Pender1
04-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Then I could have two calibers for one gun. Since I'm not made of money it would be a less expensinve alternative to buying a K9 and a K40.

I stand corrected on something I mentioned earlier. Kahr will NOT be releasing extended threaded barrels. They called back this morning and said they would not be offering them.

It sucks, but that's the way it is.

well, two things.

1) Kahr won't sell just a slide, so you'd have to buy the whole pistol anyways. Website said they only sell slides on an exchange basis.

2) you'd run into a problem suppressing and browning-style pistol. The added weight on the end of the barrel can cause problems with proper lock up/unlocking of the barrel

TacTeacher
04-02-2010, 10:47 AM
I have a lead on a CW40 upper for sale that I could use on my CW9 if it worked. I'm not paying that much cash to guess though.

My 9mm suppressor only weighs in at 3 ounces which might not be enough to cause the lockup issues.

Pender1
04-02-2010, 10:51 AM
My 9mm suppressor only weighs in at 3 ounces which might not be enough to cause the lockup issues.

I'm not saying it won't work, just saying you may run into some problems

Bawanna
04-02-2010, 10:59 AM
I have a lead on a CW40 upper for sale that I could use on my CW9 if it worked. I'm not paying that much cash to guess though.

Sounds like a personal challenge to me which I enjoy immensely. Wish I'd taken more metal shop in school instead of auto and wood. Us mere civilians are allowed to play with such things here in Wa, our neighbors in Idaho get to play with all the neat stuff. Lets put our heads together and make this work.

TacTeacher
04-02-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm not saying it won't work, just saying you may run into some problems

I know. No worries. I do appreciate the heads up.

I got the K40 today and as luck would have it, the shop just got in a used E9 today too. Bought it for $300.00 with box and one mag.

So now I have a K40, E9, and a CW9.

Next is gonna be a T9.

jocko
04-02-2010, 02:42 PM
I know. No worries. I do appreciate the heads up.

I got the K40 today and as luck would have it, the shop just got in a used E9 today too. Bought it for $300.00 with box and one mag.

So now I have a K40, E9, and a CW9.

Next is gonna be a T9.

looking at your E9 and the cw9, besides the lower frame difference, what is the difference in the two slides. I always figured the E9 was the predecessor to the K9. I have never seen an E9 to compare to a K9, and being you have a K40, they would be the same externally to the K9, so maybe that would be of some help in telling me the difference on the E9 vs the K40..

thanks.

I could ask Bawanna but then I would be so confused that I might even forget my name. He majored in college in "confusing 101" and I am told did very well to.:third:

Bawanna
04-02-2010, 02:51 PM
"I could ask Bawanna but then I would be so confused that I might even forget my name. He majored in college in "confusing 101" and I am told did very well to.:third:[/QUOTE]

No sir, no college brainwashing for this kid. All my common sense is intact. I did make it thru all of high school and graduated with honors from the school of hard knocks. I majored in being the tackling dummy. I was only slightly overqualified but I did it as a public service.

Long as were talking differences will handles interchange between the K9 and the K40? Looks like they would but I've not tried it.

TacTeacher
04-02-2010, 03:34 PM
OK. Here's the math so far...

Frames: E9 and K40 seem to be the same to the naked eye. Grips interchange. K40 mag is a little tight when ejecting the mag so there may be some difference there. I have yet to try alternating slides.

TT