PDA

View Full Version : New member, new CM9, question re slide lock

Vick
01-27-2013, 12:03 PM
Hi, wanted to say hello and thanks to all contributing to the forum. I've found all the info to be really helpful. After recently getting my CM9 I followed the takedown and lube steps and now am looking forward to heading to the range. It seems like the slide lock is really tight and it's pretty hard to work - I have to push really hard to get the slide to snap into place when it's locked back. Is this normal for a new CM9? Don't know if it matters but I used oil after I cleaned it out since I didn't have any grease on hand. MTIA!

gb6491
01-27-2013, 12:11 PM
... It seems like the slide lock is really tight and it's pretty hard to work - I have to push really hard to get the slide to snap into place when it's locked back. Is this normal for a new CM9? Don't know if it matters but I used oil after I cleaned it out since I didn't have any grease on hand. MTIA!
Welcome to the forums:)
Are you trying to operate the slide stop with an empty magazine in the pistol?
Regards,
Greg

Vick
01-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Both with empty mag as well as snap caps. No live rounds through yet. I function tested and dry fired after oiling and reassembly but no live fire

gb6491
01-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Hmm, should have been easier with snap caps. I suspect it will operate with less effort after you run some live ammo through and the springs take a set.
Regards,
Greg

kerby9mm
01-27-2013, 12:39 PM
If you want to close the slide with an empty mag pull back on the slide then at the same time push down on the slide stop thus the slide stop is pushing down on the mag follower. I do this on my mk's instead of dropping the mag.

Vick
01-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Right on. Greg - the lever definitely is easier to work when there is a snap cap in mag and harder w empty mag. Thanks for the assist!

Flincher
01-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Welcome to the forum from balmy North Dakota

JFootin
01-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Welcome to the forum, Vick! :) There is a wealth of valuable information in the New Member Area (http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56) and the Kahr-Tech (http://kahrtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) sections of the forum.

And welcome to the CM9 Owners Club! :D Our official symbol is the wide grin smily because we are so happy with our purchase that we can't wipe the smiles off our faces!

Here is your club badge.
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Smilies/BigSmily.jpg

nuke
01-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Welcome from west central Florida! There's actually a sticker on the plastic bag that my Kahr Instruction manual came in that states "The slide release on this Kahr pistol has been designed to warn the shooter when the magazine is empty. When the slide is held open on an empty magazine, the slide release lever is very hard to depress. To easily release the slide, either remove the empty magazine or replace it with a loaded magazine. Depressing the slide release will then be much easier."

white08gt
01-27-2013, 09:11 PM
having the same problem with my cw9, just got it and followed the 10 point lube and racking it back and forth. have not shot it yet, was doing a search and found this post. i will try to see if these replys help. i can tell that this is a great forum to be on, just waiting to get a chance to shoot my pistol.

Geobob
01-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Hello, Vick, and welcome from Missouri to a great forum. Good people and info here!

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!

white08gt
02-01-2013, 01:46 PM
same concerns as you, on my previous reply here. went to the range yesterday and after loading a full mag the slide release worked freely without alot of pressure and got easier the more rounds i put thru it. no problems with the first 50 rounds and the range was out of ammo. the gun ran flawless and i shot very well after i found my grip. having rather large hands, found by placing index finger of off hand on front of trigger quard worked for me.

adamog133
02-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Welcome from Clayton NC... Glad to have you :Amflag2:
designed to only be difficult with empty mag in well. ??

tv_racin_fan
02-05-2013, 10:39 PM
Yes, designed to be difficult with an empty mag in the well.