PDA

View Full Version : p380 sights

beanguy
01-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Does anyone have experience with night sights or other sights other than the factory P380's? I have a hard time seeing them at the range with safety glasses on, and since i'm farsighted have a hard time focusing on them anyway. I also have crimson trace on it which I love, but need to improve sighting in daylight. Any advise would be appreciated.

muggsy
01-27-2013, 09:04 PM
Kahr offers XS Big Dot and Trijicon Nite Sights for the P380.

http://www.kahr.com/Sights/2/Sights.aspx

Geobob
01-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Hello, Beanguy, and welcome from Missouri to a great forum. Good people and info here - I am sure you will get some answers.

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!

Flincher
01-28-2013, 08:57 AM
Welcome to the forum from North Dakota. I am going to buying the big dot front sight for my P380 as well. My 65 year old eyes aint what they used to be. But age sure gives me penty of excuses for lousy shootin'.

josp
01-28-2013, 10:42 AM
I've had the Big dots, and switched to the Trijicons. Both are night sights. I liked the big dots, and they really catch your eye, but I was used to the three dot setup of the trijicons, so I switched to them. I would think that with eyesight problems, the big dots, night sight or standard, would be good for you.

beanguy
01-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the advise everyone! And how would I go about getting different sights installed? Does it have to go back to Kahr or can local gunsmith do it?

JDB
01-28-2013, 07:46 PM
I installed Meprolights on my P380 and PM9. Very pleased with them. They are brighter (my 69 year old eyes) than Trijicons that I previously had and removed from my PM9. Kahr doesn't sell Mep's for P380, found them on Amizon. As far as installing them, I used a brass drift to remove the old sights. When installing the new sights, I used a a file and dial indicator to file the new sights to the same size of the old sights, then slowly tapped them in with the brass drift. Hope this info helps. You will love your P380, I have 750 rounds thru mine with NO problems. JDB