PDA

View Full Version : text message scenario game to play with friends.

19Delta
01-31-2013, 04:08 AM
I started thinking it would be cool to randomly text my close gun pals a key word, like, "scenario", or "what-if", or ? ? ? and when they get it, they are to instantly look around and think of what they would do if a bad guy were starting bad guy moves. If at home, they could even pull gun from holster.

I assume there is probably something like this already out there? Is there already a set of "rules"?

19Delta
02-01-2013, 04:08 AM
Anybody?

Scoundrel
02-01-2013, 11:48 AM
It's an interesting idea, and I think I will discuss it with my friends.

It's difficult to "randomize" this sort of thing. I think that Inspector Jacques Clouseau had the right idea with this, hiring the flunkie to attack him randomly. It's a good training exercise.

MikeyKahr
02-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Cato!! Love those scenes in the Pink Panther series.

Scoundrel
02-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Yeah, didn't use the name because I couldn't easily verify the spelling of it.

Bawanna
02-01-2013, 01:20 PM
I kind of ignored this thread since I thought it involved those evil mind altering video games like angry birds.

It is an interesting idea. One I've never heard of before. Could be kind of fun.

Maybe even on the forum, some trigger word and everyone writes their reaction, course I guess it wouldn't work cause not everyone is always on line.

Could also trigger me doing bad things to my stupidvisor if the timing was right which might not be a bad thing really.

Course not being allowed to carry like a man at work, I'd have to go to my ank, I mean my Khukri and just lop off body parts. No doubt some satisfaction in that too.

19Delta
02-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Here* are some possible example rules: (more brain storming than examples)

Text the word "scenario" to your gun toting friends randomly.

No more than 2 or 3 a day???

Never use the word "gun" in text.

Text has to be very short. No more than 1 sentence. (i.e. "scenario- somebody just yelled everybody down" OR "scenario-nearest door just got kicked in"

Any other ideas?

I think it would be good because you would not necessarily know where I am unless we had just texted and then even better if you knew I was at the grocery store or I knew you were at gas station or bank etc, etc,*

We could change word from scenario to something else. I just don't ever want to be in a situation where it's a cry wolf if one of us actually need help and we're close to each other.