PDA

View Full Version : My post did not make it on the board

Mr. Zero
03-30-2010, 02:11 PM
I am new here, I wrote my first post and hit "post". I got a diolog box that stated the post had to be checked by a moderator before it was put up. I never ended up on the board and I wanted to make sure I did not inadvertently break a forum rule.

The post was a request for some help, so if I need to repost, I will.

Thanks

Nick

jocko
03-30-2010, 03:21 PM
no ur Ok, u just need to send every forum member $20 to get to be able to really post where it can be seen. Very simple procedure.

Welcome aboard

zena
03-30-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm still waiting for my $20 and if you throw in a case of .223 ammo I'll make sure you get right to the head of the post listing every time. Welcome!:bump2:

johnh
03-31-2010, 07:03 AM
Sometimes the spam filters seem to kick on based on content of a post, and that produces the "moderation required" message. I do not think there is a way to tweak that further other than turning it off, and it does seem to reduce spam posts. Typical of any tech that attempts to search text to evaluate the content against filters, it produces false positives at times. I would just try again and it should work.

John

Vinikahr
03-31-2010, 09:37 AM
Sometimes the spam filters seem to kick on based on content of a post, and that produces the "moderation required" message. I do not think there is a way to tweak that further other than turning it off, and it does seem to reduce spam posts. Typical of any tech that attempts to search text to evaluate the content against filters, it produces false positives at times. I would just try again and it should work.

John

I see that a whole thread was delete to be specific the NRA one. While I understand the thread went out of whack, the best approach to it was to close it not to delete it, I also understand this is your site and by no means I am telling you have to run it, but I did not even receive a warning or comments of any action to be taken, technically I see this action as censorship.

johnh
03-31-2010, 10:27 AM
You are right, you were censored. I will not accept jabs at moderators. Period.

John

Vinikahr
03-31-2010, 10:46 AM
You are right, you were censored. I will not accept jabs at moderators. Period.

John

Like I said this is your site, now about the moderator thing my bad, somehow I miss on the line that he was a moderator or super moderator for that matter, to that my super apologies.

Ward Cleaver
03-31-2010, 02:51 PM
I did not even receive a warning or comments of any action to be taken

That's odd Mr. Vinikahr, I clearly saw a "warning of action to be taken"
from a moderator regarding that thread, which is why I didn't respond
to your additional snippet in that thread.

technically I see this action as censorship.

Mr. Vinikahr, I've been on the internet since the days of Unix.
Allow me to explain something to you about forums.
A forum is not a democracy where you have total freedom of speech
that cannot be abridged or censored.
A forum is more of a benevolent monarchy, wherein you are a guest,
and within which are rules of behavior known as TOS (terms of service)
which have been set up by the site administrator.
You must comport yourself within the boundaries of those terms of service,
or indeed, you can find yourself censored, and even possibly an unwelcome guest.

Also, any moderated forum I've ever visited has had a policy of
zero tolerance towards barbs at moderators. Such zero tolerance keeps
the forum running smoothly. Your "super apology" to a "super moderator"
dig is not something that will ingratiate yourself to anyone.

Lastly, I see you're from Florida, so I'm assuming you've never done any ice skating.
Having done so myself, I can tell you that when skating over thin ice, your safety is in your speed.
Why not swiftly change direction, get off the thin ice, and let's get back
to the topic of discussing Kahrs and other relative subject matter.

Regards,
-Ward

Bawanna
03-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Well I'm no moderator but I'm thinking that even though this is your attempt at getting in the last jab you both should build up your ice skating speed and focus it in opposite directions for quite a spell. Kind of drift easy for awhile, think happy thoughts, let your breathing and blood pressure return to normal an then and only then come on back and make this forum a fun place to be. It has been off and on and it can and will be again. We're mostly grown ups here (although sometimes its hard to tell especially me) but we can and should try to be a bit civil. A good jab now and then is not a bad thing, everyone has an opinion, like everybody has an assh, skip that part.
You fellas tighten up your skates, bury them hatchets and lets get back to having fun conversations.
Just my 2 cents worth, flame if you want.

Bawanna
03-31-2010, 03:25 PM
:)... I am soooo confused.

Does all this Troll stuff mean that Beaver Cleaver's father is SHREK ???? Cause I never woulda thunk it ! :D

Heep big bon fire going here right next to the ammo dump, best leave that can of gasoline way back yonder.
Just out of curiosity though, I loved Shrek, you think he was a troll?
I'm leaving this thread and not coming back. Water under the bridge and hopefully onto the fire.

Kumbaya,

Vinikahr
03-31-2010, 03:51 PM
:)... I am soooo confused.

Does all this Troll stuff mean that Beaver Cleaver's father is SHREK ???? Cause I never woulda thunk it ! :D

See my signature line, that is all I have said about that.:behindsofa:

Vinikahr
03-31-2010, 04:03 PM
That's odd Mr. Vinikahr, I clearly saw a "warning of action to be taken"
from a moderator regarding that thread, which is why I didn't respond
to your additional snippet in that thread.

Mr. Vinikahr, I've been on the internet since the days of Unix.
Allow me to explain something to you about forums.
A forum is not a democracy where you have total freedom of speech
that cannot be abridged or censored.
A forum is more of a benevolent monarchy, wherein you are a guest,
and within which are rules of behavior known as TOS (terms of service)
which have been set up by the site administrator.
You must comport yourself within the boundaries of those terms of service,
or indeed, you can find yourself censored, and even possibly an unwelcome guest.

Also, any moderated forum I've ever visited has had a policy of
zero tolerance towards barbs at moderators. Such zero tolerance keeps
the forum running smoothly. Your "super apology" to a "super moderator"
dig is not something that will ingratiate yourself to anyone.

Lastly, I see you're from Florida, so I'm assuming you've never done any ice skating.
Having done so myself, I can tell you that when skating over thin ice, your safety is in your speed.
Why not swiftly change direction, get off the thin ice, and let's get back
to the topic of discussing Kahrs and other relative subject matter.

Regards,
-Ward
The matter in question have already been address with the appropriate people and apologies done in public, so your comments and observations at this point are out of context and are NOB (in trying to ridicule me in public, I have a skin of a T600). Now, to put it eloquently and civil, I still believe (strongly) that your participation and possible contributions on this board are not legitimate. :banplease:

JustinN
03-31-2010, 04:10 PM
To both Ward and Vinikahr - you would both due very well to listen to Bawanna's advice (not the part about Shrek). The mods will deal with people as we need too. Public warnings to other members about what may happen to someone are most likely not going to help nearly as much as a quick e-mail or PM to myself or another mod. We will then deal with the situation as is needed....just as I am sure this Montague and Capulet feud between the two of you has been dealt with, and will not grace the presence of our quaint any more.

If either of you have a problem with what I have said, or with any other member I once again suggest you take it up with a mod, and not attempt to dispute it in public - just remember before you click the post button "is my post going to add anything legitimate, or is it simply going to aggravate a situation".

Vinikahr
03-31-2010, 04:15 PM
To both Ward and Vinikahr - you would both due very well to listen to Bawanna's advice (not the part about Shrek). The mods will deal with people as we need too. Public warnings to other members about what may happen to someone are most likely not going to help nearly as much as a quick e-mail or PM to myself or another mod. We will then deal with the situation as is needed....just as I am sure this Montague and Capulet feud between the two of you has been dealt with, and will not grace the presence of our quaint any more.

If either of you have a problem with what I have said, or with any other member I once again suggest you take it up with a mod, and not attempt to dispute it in public - just remember before you click the post button "is my post going to add anything legitimate, or is it simply going to aggravate a situation".

I have no issue.