PDA

View Full Version : Demo Kahr

phil413tx
02-05-2013, 09:54 AM
I just found a really good deal on a Demo T9 with night sights. The shop bought it from a Kahr rep that was given the gun as a sales bonus. It looks like it is not even been through the 200 round break in period yet! The finish on the gun itself still looks like it is new out of the box. I also asked Kahr about the serial number and it was produced in Nov 2011.

Ok so sorry about all of the info. Now to my question: should I be concerned about buying a Demo gun?

wyntrout
02-05-2013, 10:07 AM
If the price is good for you and it shoots, no problem. If you have problems and need warranty work, don't mention that it's not "new" and Kahr will usually take care of it on their dime.

Wynn:)

phil413tx
02-05-2013, 10:15 AM
The price is excellent but I noticed it has a 'u' stamped on the trigger guard which means demo.

Bawanna
02-05-2013, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't be concerned. I gotta believe the demo guns would be the best of the best, even better than the off the rack variety.

I'd buy it with confidence.

They are rare as chicken lips around here, I've only ever even seen one. Scoop it up.

wyntrout
02-05-2013, 10:31 AM
There might be no warranty left with the "U".

From FAQ's http://www.kahr.com/faq.asp#q26

Q. What does the "U" on the trigger guard of my pistol mean?

A. If there is a "U" engraved on the trigger guard of your pistol, it is a factory refurbished and test fired model (often sold as a "test fired" gun). The gun is considered to be used, will come with one magazine, and is sold with a one year warranty.

Wynn:)

ripley16
02-05-2013, 11:37 AM
I just found a really good deal...

May we know what that means? Care to share the cost? That is what would determine a buy or no buy decision IMHO. Being a used gun simply means you have to guess as to the past use, care, (or abuse) and the current condition. You describe it as almost new. If so, then all you are giving up is a few years of warranty. The price to condition ratio determines the deal quality. I paid $500 for my T9 several years ago, then a good deal I think.

jocko
02-05-2013, 11:46 AM
I just found a really good deal on a Demo T9 with night sights. The shop bought it from a Kahr rep that was given the gun as a sales bonus. It looks like it is not even been through the 200 round break in period yet! The finish on the gun itself still looks like it is new out of the box. I also asked Kahr about the serial number and it was produced in Nov 2011.

Ok so sorry about all of the info. Now to my question: should I be concerned about buying a Demo gun?

it ishard to say. I wouldnot be afraid of a demo gun, andwith the 1 year warranty, ifur gonnaincur issues it will be imediately not down the road a year or so. but again Price does matter and also 5 years warranty does matter to. so we are lacking some info. it should be a dandy gun..

phil413tx
02-05-2013, 11:53 AM
The price on the gun is $475. I would be surprised to find out the gun has been shot more than 100 times. According to the guy I would be buying it from, the guy from Kahr received it as a bonus and took it to the range and hadn't fired it since. The gun doesn't even have a scratch on it. The top of the barrel barely looks like the slide has gone over it.

Bawanna
02-05-2013, 11:55 AM
If you decide to pass, I'd like to be first in line to get it myself.

This is an official I'll Take it. You other vultures back the heck off and leave me be.

Let me know if you need my FFL info.

Tinman507
02-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Vultures????

http://smalldog.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/harumph.jpg

JERRY
02-05-2013, 12:35 PM
a demo gun should run perfectly, it has hand picked by the company to be "the gun" they show potential buyers......im sure its not an off the shelf gun that needs to be fired 200++++ times to run right.

phil413tx
02-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Ok guys. I took your advice. I called them and put it on hold. Going to try to get over there tomorrow. Sorry Bawanna...I won't need you FFL info. Thanks for everyone's input!

Bawanna
02-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Dang it! These other vultures convinced ya it was ok didn't they. Caught me on a trip wire once again.

Dang vultures.

ripley16
02-05-2013, 01:50 PM
That is a very good deal! "With night sights" makes it even sweeter. Enjoy your new T9.

phil413tx
02-05-2013, 02:21 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D. I kind of like these vultures! They are some good people!

phil413tx
02-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Well my t9 finally came home with me! I love this gun! I shot a few rounds at the range today and all is can say is......wow!!! I have been smiling all day. I had several people at the range come take a look at her because they have never seen one before. I could not be happier with this gun and the deal I got. It feels and looks brand new. The night sights are very bright and she is just down right beautiful!

jocko
02-09-2013, 10:13 AM
u did really well...

Alfonse
02-09-2013, 10:14 AM
That's a beauty. I have been called worse than a vulture...

jocko
02-09-2013, 10:31 AM
how about obama lover???

Ikeo74
02-09-2013, 10:58 AM
I love the wood grips. They really dress up the gun. It looks as good as my MK9!

Bawanna
02-09-2013, 11:30 AM
I think I'm in direct violation of that commandment Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy neighbors gun.

Actually you ain't right next door so maybe I'm ok.

I agree it's a right pretty thing but these yahoo's around here are still vultures.

downtownv
02-09-2013, 11:49 AM
I love the wood grips. They really dress up the gun. It looks as good as my MK9!
yea, nothing better than sporting wood!:o

Alfonse
02-09-2013, 12:15 PM
how about obama lover???

Yeah, that would be worse. I haven't been called that though...

7shot
02-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Well my t9 finally came home with me! I love this gun! I shot a few rounds at the range today and all is can say is......wow!!! I have been smiling all day. I had several people at the range come take a look at her because they have never seen one before. I could not be happier with this gun and the deal I got. It feels and looks brand new. The night sights are very bright and she is just down right beautiful!

Pretty sweet man, congrats...