PDA

View Full Version : New Girl With A Gun

BelRockCityGirl
02-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am currently breaking in my new Kahr
cw9, have about 200 rounds through it. Really loving it but will be searching these threads for all the info I can gather! You can read about my gun adventures and other stuff at:

www.belrockcitygirl.com (http://www.belrockcitygirl.com)

Ol'coot
02-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Welcome to the forum and you have a great blog I have forward it to my wife as you and her would get along fine although she prefers a S&W 642 over a semi-auto. We raised 4 boys 5 has to be a real handful some days! LOL!

BelRockCityGirl
02-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Thanks Tony! 5 boys, handful? Yes and absolutely love it! Thank you for sharing my blog with your wife! The pictures that you both take are beautiful! I am a hiker and I love taking photos as well, but I'm no photographer, thats for sure!

Flincher
02-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Welcome to the forum from North Dakota

RevRay
02-08-2013, 12:16 PM
I can only say welcome to the forum ... as you're way ahead of me in your experience with personal firearms. I live in CT and am still waiting for my permit, which means I'm still waiting to be able to purchase a CM9. Until then, my only real experience with guns dates back to my military days. Oh, btw, I enjoyed your blog ... especially the post about your first Kahr experience.

Ol'coot
02-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Thanks Tony! 5 boys, handful? Yes and absolutely love it! Thank you for sharing my blog with your wife! The pictures that you both take are beautiful! I am a hiker and I love taking photos as well, but I'm no photographer, thats for sure!

Thanks for the kind comments on our photography. we love being in the outdoors and spend everyday we can taking photos of the beauty all around us. Our oldest son and his family live in lake Villa, IL i think that is about 50 miles east of your location.

BelRockCityGirl
02-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome Flincher! RevRay, thanks for checking out my blog! At least you are in a state with a ccw. I live in Illinois, ccw not an option...yet. I did take my Utah ccw though. I carry anywhere I legally can, which is not a lot of places. I am strapped on my property and in my house, but as soon as I leave it gets unloaded and put away in my truck...

ruf45
02-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Welcome to the forum. Read and liked your blog

nuke
02-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Welcome to the forum! My wife is from Lake Zurich, NW of Chicago. I have a CW9 also and we're trying to find her a nice 38 revolver but a lot of weapons are hard to come by. Glad to hear that you're pleased with your CW9.

7shot
02-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Congrats on the new cw9, I'm sure it won't let you down.

Booker T
02-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Nice blog. Enjoyed the post about your new Kahr and our troops getting hosed out of much needed and deserved meals ... ridiculous.
Pretty good shooting as well, once you settled in.

Welcome from West Mo.

Geobob
02-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Hello, BelRockCityGirl, and welcome from Missouri to a great forum. Good people and info here!

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!

yqtszhj
02-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Welcome. The CW9 is one of the best values Kahr makes in my opinion. And they just work every time.

phil413tx
02-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Welcome! I love the blog! I can tell you will be a fun one to have on this site. Can't wait to read more from you. My wife likes to read your stuff as well....keep it coming!

stickbow9
02-15-2013, 08:53 AM
Welcome from Monroe, Washington. My wife is new into shooting and we have 2 boys. When their friends are over they are a handful too. My oldest is shipping to the dang desert in 2 months so I the fact about the meals is bothersome. Have fun on this site, there are a lot of good people here.

BelRockCityGirl
02-20-2013, 09:31 AM
thanks all for the warm welcomes!

Rain
02-20-2013, 08:34 PM
Welcome from Oak Harbor, WA! I'm a new CW9 owner too! Yours looks a lot different than mine! Can't wait for the rains to let up so I can get back to the range.

Safe Shootin'!