PDA

View Full Version : Can we block our posts from Google?

TheTman
02-15-2013, 01:01 AM
Is there anyway we can have our posts blocked from showing up on Google and other search engines? I think some things are said here that don't necessarily need to show up on the search engines.

JustinN
02-15-2013, 07:09 AM
I believe to block posts would block the whole forum, so we wouldn't be found by new people. If you're worried about anyone reading it, I wouldn't post it - The internet is NOT private.

downtownv
02-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Sad but true... They say anyone on certain type forums are likely monitored.

TheTman
02-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Thanks JustinN. That's what I figured.

Bawanna
02-15-2013, 08:56 AM
You get used to the drones and sounds of black helicopter after awhile.

MikeyKahr
02-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Especially when you are practically deaf anyway.

Bawanna
02-15-2013, 09:36 AM
That probably helps some. Good point.

OldLincoln
02-15-2013, 10:58 AM
If they are really interested in you they will find you anyway. Kahrtalk is nothing to the stuff that gets posted on Facebook or Twitter. Unless of course you are advocating the overthrow of the US Government which nobody here would ever do, honest! I suppose if you went onto one of the uber-liberal sites you would find much worse about us, who just want to live in peace and be law abiding, really!

Longitude Zero
02-15-2013, 10:28 PM
I believe to block posts would block the whole forum, so we wouldn't be found by new people. If you're worried about anyone reading it, I wouldn't post it - The internet is NOT private.

Precisely.

WMD
02-24-2013, 08:22 AM
Interersting point. Is it possible folks from competing gun companies get on this forum with intent to cause harm?

JustinN
02-24-2013, 10:45 AM
There is definitely a danger in that, and I believe at one point we even had an ex-employee get mad and come on here, BUT one aspect of this forum is the really solid following of people on here.

When someone reports and issue/problem they offer solutions and advice and I would say the vast majority of people end up happy and their problem solved.

IF the person is attempting to Troll and just bash Kahr's, we don't sit for it. The memebers sniff that out and jump all over it. Once we happen across it the Mods will shut it down or delete it altogether if its found to be illegitimate.

Tilos
02-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Another way to keep your posts from appearing on gxxgle searches is mis-spelling key words that are easily figured out by others on the forum.

and it looks like jocko is way ahead of us all on this one:p

Mis-spelling will keep your post off search results and create a game of trying to figure out what the hell someone is saying...like a jocko post:cool:

So maybe we all need to follow his lead and go "jocko" when we post:madgrin::yo:

Something as simple as leaving out a letter or subsituting an x for a letter...like kaxr, kar, 9xx, etc.

Glock Holiday
05-18-2013, 08:06 PM
On another forum where I spend waaay too much time on, the Google bot crawls unabated. I don't know if anything can be done.