PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from WA?

Rain
02-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Seems to be Kimber territory around here.

Show your friends your Kimber; show your enemies your Kahr!

Bawanna
02-17-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm from Monroe, don't have a Kimber but do have a couple Kahrs. I do think your probably close. They seem to be slower catching on here but we're always behind out here on the coast anyhow.

And a Kimber isn't a bad thing.

Alfonse
02-19-2013, 04:32 PM
I don't have any Kimbers. We're in the country part of the state. We're just happy to be able to spell Rugar and Cult.... ;)

Bawanna
02-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Are you typing this on your android behind the wheel of your combine?

Oh wait, your in apple country, don't got a machine for that do they?

Bawanna, bite your tongue, don't say it. They need to eat too, and not pay taxes, or medical.

Scoundrel
02-19-2013, 05:41 PM
No Kimbers here either. Don't like the sticky-outty thing on the back which would dig into my ribs if I carried it.
Edit: I guess the Solo doesn't have that. But the CM9 covers my carry needs.

I'm in Snohomish, but I get out to the Conconully area a couple times a year for ATVing and camping.

Alfonse
02-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Colonel, there are apples over here, and grapes too! I do more mundane things though than farming.

AFCop
01-17-2014, 03:05 PM
Im living in Spokane but was raised in Port Orchard. I own several firearms, no 1911's. I am loving my new K40. Still breaking it in and working out some issues, but looking forward to carrying it.

whiskytango
11-18-2014, 08:08 PM
Kirkland reporting. No Kimbers here

DavidS
11-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Gonna be from there before too long!

SmokyT
11-18-2014, 09:29 PM
Im living in Spokane ... .

I bought a few guns at General Store and White Elephant, and often went to Sharp indoor range near Gonzaga U...

downtownv
11-19-2014, 05:50 PM
No any self respecting gun owner, shut the lights and left....

Zeke38
04-26-2020, 08:28 PM
I live on the Idaho/Washington border, on the right side of the border. If you're from Washington you know which state that is. I am a Cougar fan but live in Vandal country. Own and carry three Kahrs but not all at the same time. Hope you don't mind a hitchiker on your State thread.

Gokyo
05-19-2020, 10:31 PM
I am from WA. If it was not for Mrs Gokyo I would have left after 1639 passed. I have friends in ID. I still hope to move there sooner than later. I might find I would miss her if I do move.

Bawanna
05-19-2020, 11:06 PM
My daughter recently bought 160 acres in Montana, said there's room for us there. Hoping with a new governor and attorney general things might turn around but a lot of California transplants here so not much hope.

berettabone
05-20-2020, 08:07 AM
and what's holding you back?????????????????????????????????????????????

dao
05-20-2020, 11:51 AM
SW WA here. No Kimbers but do have Kahrs. Like the Colonel I'm hoping that November will bring us a new, non-Leftist Governor, and AG. That would help us repeal 1639. A man can dream.

Alfonse
05-21-2020, 03:26 PM
My daughter recently bought 160 acres in Montana, said there's room for us there. Hoping with a new governor and attorney general things might turn around but a lot of California transplants here so not much hope.

Quite a few transplants in Montana too. But, at least everybody is spread out a bit more.

Bawanna
05-21-2020, 03:31 PM
Quite a few transplants in Montana too. But, at least everybody is spread out a bit more.

That plus nothing on the land yet is exactly what's holding me back. You can't seem to get away from all the negative things.

Wyoming might be even better, last I checked they were holding at 7 people per square mile. If I could pick up 5 or 6 square miles with at least one canyon in it, I'd have plenty of room to breath, could put my house at the end of the canyon so when I shoot the sound would be directed upwards and away so any transplants wouldn't hear the noise.

Alfonse
05-23-2020, 08:39 PM
That plus nothing on the land yet is exactly what's holding me back. You can't seem to get away from all the negative things.

Wyoming might be even better, last I checked they were holding at 7 people per square mile. If I could pick up 5 or 6 square miles with at least one canyon in it, I'd have plenty of room to breath, could put my house at the end of the canyon so when I shoot the sound would be directed upwards and away so any transplants wouldn't hear the noise.

I've thought of Wyoming too. I just don't like the cold winters anymore. I may have to go as out in the sticks as I can find in the southwest somewhere.

Scarpia
08-02-2020, 04:50 AM
Greetings from King County, near Maple Valley. I just signed up to this forum. I became a Kahr owner when I stumbled upon a PM9 at Fall City Firearms. What a sweet piece. I quickly fell in love with that little gun. I have just added the CW45 to the collection (gun number 46) but have not yet taken possession thanks to the new wait period. Any suggestions on the CW45 would be appreciated.

Bawanna
08-02-2020, 09:48 AM
I haven't been to Fall City Firearms since they moved a few years back but they had a great shop there at the intersection coming into town. It was brilliant, right nest to a flower shop so the ladies that didn't want to look at guns could go next door and look at posey's.
They had a great inventory. Guess I need to trek out to Fall City and find the new shop.
40 years or more ago I put the fence around the school there in Fall City, great job, soft easy to dig ground, good access. One job I'll never forget.

dao
08-02-2020, 10:31 AM
Welcome to the forum Scarpia, there are few of us here from WA.

Scarpia
08-02-2020, 05:18 PM
I've purchased a few pieces and traded-in a couple at Fall City Firearms, the owner gives a fair trade-in value and sells his stuff at a fair price plus he's open everyday including Christmas. His shop is also over flowing with gadgets and shooting supplies, he even has a small assortment of powders and primers. For reloading supplies, I usually go to Pinto's in Renton. In fact, I dropped another $104 there yesterday. They are higher priced as compared to the big box stores but I strongly believe in keeping the small shops in business. I recently had to make a scoot (any reason to ride the motorcycle) to Three Forks in Cle Elum for small pistol primers. Every shop on the west side was out.

Anyhow, I'm thrilled with the PM9 and think I'll feel the same with the CW45. My other 'small' carry 45's are the M&P Shield 45, Springfield XD Mod-2 Subcompact, Taurus PT145 Mil Pro. My medium sized carry 45's are the Taurus PT 24/7 Pro (my most accurate), Taurus PT945 and M&P 45 V2 Compact and the Ruger SR45. The bad boy in the locker is the Norinco 1911A1.

BTW, gray haired old fashioned guy here still using forums to gather information that I might need and likewise share info that I think may be helpful to others. You won't find me trying to set records on how many posts I can make.

Lastly, I'm a member of the Renton Fish and Game Club and shoot at their outdoor range(s) only. Never at any indoor range or in wilderness areas. I used to do that with a Ham Radio buddy but he passed (age 46), I never went back.

What's the deal on avatars? I see only a few have them, is their some minimum posts you must make to earn the right to show your mug or whatever?

Bawanna
08-02-2020, 06:59 PM
Forum requires 30 post to attach photos, same for avatars if I recall correctly.

"You won't find me trying to set records on how many posts I can make." Funny I said the same thing a few years back and for awhile was accused of being a bucket mouth. Used to enjoy a good fisticuff with rabble rousers back in the day. Guess they lost and I won, not many rabble rousers these days.

Scarpia
08-02-2020, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the info. I won't be posting an avatar any time soon. I joined another Kahr forum for the same reason I'm here, get info on the CW45. That forum is very thinly used with most postings from the same chap. Some recent postings are a few years old, no kidding.

Bawanna
08-02-2020, 09:26 PM
Surprised it's still around. Momma always told me if I didn't have anything nice to say not to say nothing at all.................

SingleStackNine
08-18-2020, 06:37 PM
Hi I live in Renton. I’ve owned a CW9 since 2008. This site has been a pretty good source of info for me bringing this 9mm back to life. It’s been shelved for several years. Got tired of all the random FTF from bullet nose dive. Well with the help from this site and other places I feel confident to carry this tiny 9mm again. Got it running perfect now. Saying thanks I guess.

dao
08-18-2020, 07:05 PM
Welcome to the board. It's fun when we regain an appreciation for an older gun that has been in the back of the safe for awhile isn't it?

Scarpia
08-18-2020, 07:13 PM
I have just added the CW45 to the collection (gun number 46) but have not yet taken possession thanks to the new wait period. Any suggestions on the CW45 would be appreciated.

Have possession of the CW45 and she's a challenge. It appears the extractor is not grabbing the case rim so the round hangs up and won't enter the chamber. I've read extensively about this issue and think I might have it solved. It hand cycles OK but I won't know for sure until I get it to the range. If all goes well tomorrow, I'll make it to the RFGC and test it. It sure feels good in-hand and I really want this CW45 to work.

Good news: I finally got to the range yesterday and popped off about 80 rounds from the CW45. She cycled just fine with 185 and 230 grain bullets (Montana Gold and Rainier Flat Point) with Bullseye and Reddot. My shortening of the front extractor rod, rounding the corner of the extractor and buffing all surfaces seems to have been the trick. I'll shoot it more with Reddot then add it to the rotation. I've always had good results with Reddot in 45 loads and like the idea of getting 185 bullets down range at 900+ f/s. Lastly, I used a Kimber 1911 Compact 7 round flush bottom magazine (#1000173A) so the CW45 is an 8 rounder.

dustnchips
08-23-2020, 09:22 AM
The problem was probably that the rim was not sliding over the extractor claw. Your cure was right on from what I have seen on this forum. Reduce extractor spring tension. It was suggested on here that it should only take two pounds of tension to slide the case out of the extractor. Make sure that the breach face is smootth to as that will affect the amount of pull it takes to slide the case out. I used a trigger gauge and very thin string to test mine. There is a full write up on here somewhere.