PDA

View Full Version : Why is it

MacKenzie
02-17-2013, 07:56 PM
so difficult to locate a tp9 are they truly this rare?

chrish
02-17-2013, 08:58 PM
yes, they are pretty rare. sometimes i think they are MORE rare than the T9. there were a couple awhile back thru gunbroker/wholesale hunter, one novak, one regular. they didn't last long. I suspect Kahr only runs those for a short period each year or maybe not even that often and they are gone for awhile.

i looked for almost a year before i saw one show up on jetguns and got lucky that i hit it before it was grabbed. not to rub salt in the wound, but it's my favorite shooter.

just keep watching, one will show up...patience is a virtue or it'll bring on a heart attack :-)

if you are really hung up and can stand it in .40 cal, there is one out there right now...i gotta think that's pretty dreamy to shoot as well.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=329992287

one last note, if you are looking for the ORIGINAL version w/ the shorter grip (P9 grip w/ a 4" barrel/slide), you'll definitely find that harder to locate...those really are unicorns. many of the online dealers will show a TP9 in that original form, but in actuality, its the newer version they are selling, they just have their pictures incorrect.

MacKenzie
02-17-2013, 10:04 PM
We're looking for the longer grip. We'll keep hunting. It's like they are at the end of a rainbow or something.

chrish
02-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Yep, it was a painful process for me...finding one finally was a relief. I can unequivocally say that they DO NOT come in a box of lucky charms...dude was I sick of eating those :-)

When you do finally find one, grab it. You'll be happy you did! I love mine.

forestranger
02-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Although I have never seen one, I decided I wanted one. Had my LGS where I bought my CW9 and CM9 try to find one starting about 3 mos ago. He had no luck. Said he'd never seen one either, I finally gave up but told him if he ever saw one to grab it for me. I ain't holding my breath!:(

chrish
02-18-2013, 09:16 AM
I wonder if you contacted Kahr if they could tell you when they are going to produce them again. I have to think they would have things 'scheduled' for some period of time into the future, or even a set schedule that we do this model during this month. At least then you'd know when to ask your LGS to try and order one or when to start looking at the usual places.

I will say that in my time of searching, the following places had them in stock. JetGuns.com, WholesaleHunter.com, Grabagun.com, ImpactGuns.com. And I've seen them from time to time on GunBroker.

Also, if you were not aware, you can create a search on GunBroker, save it, and turn on email notification. You'll get an email when one goes up for sale/auction. Really nice feature.

ripley16
02-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Mine came from Bud's, but that was long ago, in a country far, far away. After the madness passes they will be available. Be patient.

Pipercub
02-18-2013, 11:04 PM
I nearly bought an old style from a guy last week. I lost as he had a more local deal. I even offered another hundred to save my searching. No deal though. Pretty sad about it.

hardluk1
02-19-2013, 04:58 AM
Mckenzie I found 2TP pistols instock at lipsey, 19mm one 40sw. I have found not many lgs's will really take the time to look for what we want many times.My lgs found me a tp40 that had been on a shielf at bangers for allmost a year. My dealer does no typicaly deal with them but when something odd is wanted he will hit up a list of 14 wholsalers. I paided $543.18 for my tp40 a couple weeks ago. Oh you will love how soft the tp series shoots. Hope this helps you out. Lipseys is one of only a few I can access there stock.

http://www.lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?mfg=Kahr+Arms&family=TP9+Series&model=TP9&type=Semi-Auto+Pistol

MacKenzie
02-19-2013, 04:53 PM
I just noticed that the dealer we saw at the show on Sunday is very close to home; he'd asked us to call in an order. However, it appears that today he's too busy within the store to answer the phone, so a short trip to see if he can hunt it down for us and order it in.

Wish us luck. :)

chrish
02-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Good luck! Pictures are required should you obtain one!

MacKenzie
02-19-2013, 09:11 PM
our LGS is actually willing to go on the hunt for us, we pointed him at the site y'all posted and he's got a place he uses and a few others. So, the ball is rolling. He's the ONLY place that indicated willingness to even try looking, so... :cheer2:this is me rooting for him, :D

hardluk1
02-20-2013, 05:48 AM
Hope priceing is good too. It is nice to find dealers that get off there rearends to help a customer. Bangers wholesale was where my TP came from , my lgs had to send in ffl info. First time dealing with them. Good luck getting yours.