PDA

View Full Version : Want to Buy PM45 - not anymore, thanks

tomwalshco
04-03-2010, 03:16 AM
Not anymore....

kahrseye
04-03-2010, 06:55 AM
Have you looked on gunbroker.com? That's where I got mine.

tomwalshco
04-03-2010, 07:09 AM
Yes I have - a lot, thanks. Seems like GB has turned into a gang of car salesmen preying on the uninformed. I can always go to Bud's and find new guns WAY cheaper than the hustlers on GB, free ship and no attitude. The good deals require considerable focus and patience.

But I'm looking to save a few $$ and find decent used PM.

kahrseye
04-03-2010, 07:17 AM
Are you looking for a used one only? What price range do you want to be in?

tomwalshco
04-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Would jump on something in the $500 range.

chovyman
04-03-2010, 12:50 PM
theres one on the sale board for 500 i tried but he wont ship to california

tomwalshco
04-03-2010, 01:06 PM
I saw that last week but he won't respond to PMs. Don't think it's sold, he changed his mind I guess. Wish people would note that on the header line to save people having to read through 30 posts and still not know what the hell???

Bawanna
04-03-2010, 02:13 PM
I saw that last week but he won't respond to PMs. Don't think it's sold, he changed his mind I guess. Wish people would note that on the header line to save people having to read through 30 posts and still not know what the hell???

If your talking about the jbaker one, he's been real sick of late. Figured he'd be on the mend by now but have not heard him lately. The gun sale was a quick fix to some financial issues and he found another way so got to keep his beloved PM45. Your correct it should be noted in the header but not sure how that happens after the fact.
I'm with ya on the PM 45 quest so we're walking or in my case rolling in the same trail.

tomwalshco
04-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the info. Hope he's feeling better. You just click on the "Edit" button and you can add or change anything except remove it. The author or admin are the only ones that can do it, though.

Specialized
08-05-2010, 07:28 PM
I have a like-new one that I'd like to sell. I'm new here, but have lots of posts and feedback on sigforums, The High Road, and a few others under the same screen name. Comes with the gun, original box/stuff, and three mags. Send me a message and I'll give you more details, if you're interested.

Specialized

Bawanna
08-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Specialized, you might try PMing tomwalshco, I haven't heard or seen any post from him in quite awhile. That last post was clear back in April so I'd hope he found one by now but if he didn't I'm sure he'd hate to lose a deal from you.

Just a thought.

tomwalshco
08-05-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm still around. Had a house fire in April and most of my stuff went up in smoke. Did manage to bring back to life a P380 and CW9 that went through the inferno. PM9 was luckily in my car.

Needless to say, haven't been looking to buy any guns here lately....

Bawanna
08-05-2010, 09:25 PM
So how are things goin now? You get rebuilt and replacing the things that can be replaced? I've never been thru a fire but know people who have and I can't think of anything worse other than maybe losing loved ones in the fire. Alot of stuff we take for granted and keep around the house are irreplaceable. Photo albums,heirlooms. Not good.
Hope things are improving for you.

tomwalshco
08-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Before/After sample - CW
Also salvaged a Beretta 92FS, Glock 36, P380, Kel-Tec P3AT. The hell with the furniture and clothes :)

wyntrout
08-06-2010, 05:54 AM
Dang, Tom. I guess the Tupperware parts melted and you had to get new frames? Were any of the casualties loaded?
I hope you had insurance to help you out.
Good luck and I hope you get your life back together and recover from this tragedy.
Wynn

tomwalshco
08-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Actually, the only Tupperware that melted was the cheap plastic drawer things I kept them in. They melted down around the guns, but all polymer frames survived. What took the worst beatings were any parts that were carbon steel such as springs, mag catches and magazines. Mostly from the fireman's hoses. They took the most scrubbing and buffing.

But all the polymer survived fine. My ammo stash didn't fare as well. What didn't go off in the fire, the survivors are about 50-50 for FTF, light strikes, etc. I should toss the whole thing, but what the hell. what doesn't go off at the range I just clear and try the next round....

wyntrout
08-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I can't throw stuff away, either. I do feel a bit of worry when I try to fire a bullet 2-3 times and then eject it and rechamber it to hit a different spot of the primer. I did one like that not too long ago. I can't always pull the slide back just enough to reset the striker. I've never had a delayed firing with a pistol or rifle, but I have had hang fires with a shotgun, but that was a mechanical thing, I believe, not the primer. I had it pointed down range and waited. Something like that usually goes off pretty quickly... within about 5 seconds or so.

From the look of that slide, I would wonder if the frame got enough heat to affect its structural integrity... like maybe brittle. I wonder what the temperature got up to for the pistols. I guess that discoloration could have been the combination of the fire department's water/chemicals and some heat... with maybe a little oxidation.

That's great that you've revived the guns. I guess that if we had a fire, I would concentrate on my guns... ammo... pictures and documents... at least the guns. It just depends on the circumstances and how much time seemed available.

Wynn