PDA

View Full Version : Any real problems with the PM9?

Dietrich
09-10-2009, 05:25 PM
I`ve been looking at CW and Model P .45`s because I`m so pleased with my PM9 but I am seeing a lot of problems written about the .45s in this forum. My PM9 has performed flawlessly since day one and I`m getting the same input from other owners. Are there any of you that own a PM9 that aren`t happy with it? If so,why? I think I`ll hold off on the .45 until I learn more but I`m tickled with this 9mm.

yankee2500
09-10-2009, 06:50 PM
I have the P40 and have been very happy so far, I have also read a lot of good things aboutt the PM9. Were are you at in NC? I live in Denton about 15mi from Asheboro.
John

Dietrich
09-10-2009, 06:59 PM
I live in Garner. S.E. suburb of Raleigh but you probably know where it is. We`re the town that the folks in Raleigh and Cary like to look down their noses at and we love it.

jocko
09-11-2009, 08:24 AM
I`ve been looking at CW and Model P .45`s because I`m so pleased with my PM9 but I am seeing a lot of problems written about the .45s in this forum. My PM9 has performed flawlessly since day one and I`m getting the same input from other owners. Are there any of you that own a PM9 that aren`t happy with it? If so,why? I think I`ll hold off on the .45 until I learn more but I`m tickled with this 9mm.

If one has problems with any certain model gun, andu ask that question, ur goona get alot more feed back than just normal posting. IMO the PM9 is very very reliable today and IMO has been for the passt 4 to 5 years. BUT that being said, all guns can give issues, just the nature of the beast. If u read a post by a negative owner of kahrs, it won't be flattering, so u have to make that decision yourself on purchasing.

Break in your kahr properly and chances areit willbe 100% right out of the box, don't read the manual and expect issues also. Don't compare your kahr to a Glock or HK, they are all made different, all are good guns also but again that being said it can happen to any gun maker.

I can't begin to brag and say how much my PM9 has served me well. I put 150 flawless rounds down range yesterday and my total round count is around 24,750 and it looks new and has never let me down. to me the best ccw gun Ihave ever owned and one that I truly love to shoot over any gun I own.

Kahrs CS is excellent and also these kahr forums are here to heop you with some little picky issuyes if theyoccur. Most issues can be solved without sending them back to kahr if one approaches this forum with a positive attitude and not starting out by calling ones kahr a POS gun and then expecting alot of help.

Ihave found that gun owners are alot like truck owners they have a loyal following and defend them from bumper to bumper also.

Pirate
09-11-2009, 03:19 PM
We`re the town that the folks in Raleigh and Cary like to look down their noses at and we love it.

Same here in Fuquay! I love the small town living!

dollarguy
09-12-2009, 02:53 AM
I am approaching 300 rounds on my PM9 with no failures to feed or fire. I am very pleased with the recoil and muzzle flip being no greater than the much larger and heavier XDM I own.

The purchase decision was to have a smaller, lighter, and slimmer conceal/carry weapon than my XDM.

Dietrich
09-12-2009, 05:52 AM
I am approaching 300 rounds on my PM9 with no failures to feed or fire. I am very pleased with the recoil and muzzle flip being no greater than the much larger and heavier XDM I own.

The purchase decision was to have a smaller, lighter, and slimmer conceal/carry weapon than my XDM.

Yep,same here. Summers in N.C. can be Hellish at times and my main wardrobe is shorts and a Guy Harvey T-shirt. The PM9 is perfect for pocket carry and it`s slim enough not to print when carried IWB by an old lardass like myself.

border bandit32
09-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Very pleased with mine so far (see PM9 range report post)I fretted over spending the extra dough on a Kahr PM9 and brand I never owned.....very pleased and impressed with this weapon:D

TurboniumOxide
09-12-2009, 09:35 PM
I love my PM9. I have a few hundred rounds of all kinds through it and it operates fine, is very accurate. I love everything about it except the price.

It even runs fine with a couple of ProMags I have; a couple of cheap 10 rounders. The gun now charges fine from a racked slide. When it was brand new it needed to be charged by releasing the slide stop.

The only unexpected problem I have had is that the screw off end piece of the recoil spring assembly unscrewed itself and was lost. The gun kept operating and I didn't notice the part was gone until cleaning time back home. No damage to the gun resulted from that part being gone.

Kahr is sending me a new assembly and I ordered a replacement as well. 14 bucks. The assembly should be replaced periodically anyway. I will make sure that the new ones are loctited and that none of my cleaning chemicals loosens that part.

Just FYI.

Another problem I have with it is prying it from my wifes hand when I want to shoot it.

jocko
09-13-2009, 09:13 AM
I love my PM9. I have a few hundred rounds of all kinds through it and it operates fine, is very accurate. I love everything about it except the price.

It even runs fine with a couple of ProMags I have; a couple of cheap 10 rounders. The gun now charges fine from a racked slide. When it was brand new it needed to be charged by releasing the slide stop.

The only unexpected problem I have had is that the screw off end piece of the recoil spring assembly unscrewed itself and was lost. The gun kept operating and I didn't notice the part was gone until cleaning time back home. No damage to the gun resulted from that part being gone.

Kahr is sending me a new assembly and I ordered a replacement as well. 14 bucks. The assembly should be replaced periodically anyway. I will make sure that the new ones are loctited and that none of my cleaning chemicals loosens that part.

Just FYI.

Another problem I have with it is prying it from my wifes hand when I want to shoot it.

worth the price IMO. It is not like your buying one every week. If u get a good one like you have now, then kinda hard to equate price to value. A $100 gun is over priced,,,,IF IT DON'T WORK.

TurboniumOxide
09-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Certainly worth the price, but if they had a half price sale I wouldn't complain. :)

Jeremiah/Az
09-15-2009, 08:14 PM
I have a PM9 that I really like & it is the most accurate semi that I own. Had a few failures to go fully into battery in the first 100 rounds. Been perfect since. Liked that one so well that I bought a P380 yesterday. It had been on order for 2 months.

FMF4
09-21-2009, 07:53 PM
I own a TP45 and have put 500 rounds through it and have not had one issue. I absolutely love this pistol and would recommend it to any one. I will admit 230gr pumpkins can be a little snappy but not to much to handle.

Cappy
09-21-2009, 09:01 PM
I have a P45, and I have had no problems with that gun. I have well over 500 rounds through it, and have only stove piped when I let my wrist go limp. It is a great gun!!

Van55
09-30-2009, 12:28 PM
I bought a PM9 back in February. It had repeated failures to feed and jams during and after the 200 round break-in period. After some difficulty and delay in getting in touch with Kahr CS, I was told to ship the piece back to the factory, which I did at my own expense. I got the gun back a week later with a note that they had polished the feed ramp and lubricated the gun.

I have taken it back to the range only once since, and it worked fine. It jammed again recently when I was trying to eject a round from the barrell in order to unload and clean it.

I've never had a problem like this with any other of the guns I own.

deadhead1971
09-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Van55

What ammo are you shooting? Are you using a variety? Mine has been mostly flawless. First 200 rounds no problems, next 150 rounds 2 ftfs--one with federal 115 fmj and one with gold dots 124 hp.