PDA

View Full Version : CCW Between States

flccw45
03-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Hello all. This is flccw45 from Florida calling on the Forum for advise. I will be driving to Sumter, SC with my family on Sunday, and want to know the DO's and DON'T's of CCW for GA and SC. I know GA and SC are FL reciprocity states, so I know I can carry there. How about the rules during my travels to and from, and while we're at these 2 states? Planning on spending a night in Savannah. I've gone to their websites and picked up only few pointers, because I had a hard time understanding some of the "lingo" used.
Anyone from the forum from these states, SC and GA? I just want a quick summary of some of the most common CCW rules for these states:
1. while at a hotel, restaurant, mall, historic sites
2. while in a vehicle
3. number of ammos/magazines allowed

Thanks in advance for your inputs. It'will be greatly appreciated.

Tinman507
03-08-2013, 02:16 PM
http://www.handgunlaw.us/

flccw45
03-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Thanks Tinman507 for the link. I did go over them and they're a big help to me. Safely made it here in Sumter, SC.

Tinman507
03-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Safe travels!

tv_racin_fan
03-11-2013, 02:14 AM
BOOO HISSS HISSS BOOOO!! Not on you sir but on SC, my permit from GA is not reciprocated by SC.

Kahrdriver64
04-10-2013, 01:02 PM
I did similar research before making a run fro FL to SD this past summer and the best common thread I could find was to avoid places that sell or serve alcohol. It varies from state to state and there are cases where arrests were made for carrying into a wallmart because they sell beer and wine.

The old adage of "concealed means concealed" is also a good practice.

Good luck

Bawanna
04-10-2013, 01:28 PM
My wife insist on driving to Nevada in April. I care not one tiny bit about the laws of Oregon, California (hiss, hiss) and Nevada regarding concealed carry.

She asked me if we were ok, I told her definitely not in CA but we're doing it anyway or we're not going.

If any BATF folks are listening in, I'll provide my route, vehicle description and dates of travel. Bring it.

ltxi
04-10-2013, 06:00 PM
My wife insist on driving to Nevada in April. I care not one tiny bit about the laws of Oregon, California (hiss, hiss) and Nevada regarding concealed carry.

She asked me if we were ok, I told her definitely not in CA but we're doing it anyway or we're not going.

If any BATF folks are listening in, I'll provide my route, vehicle description and dates of travel. Bring it.

That be my take as well. Multiple permits, le/fed creds history, age, and polite don't give a rat's ass attitude have have served well.

yqtszhj
04-10-2013, 07:45 PM

Warning to BATF, don't screw w/ Bawanna.

Kahrdriver64
04-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Hahaha, bawanna! That was my attitude while passing thru Chicago last summer.

7shot
05-09-2013, 06:57 AM
if you have a iphone they have an app called ccw concealed carry 50 state guide which is pretty informative.