PDA

View Full Version : Gun broker.com

upnorth
03-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Anyone been on Gun broker lately.WOW crazy prices on reloading components 80-120$ for a brick of primers.I refuse to pay those prices unfortunately prices will not get back to normal till people stop paying high prices.In my area you can still find stuff just takes more time calling around and call often.whats everyone else think?

Salty
03-26-2013, 06:45 PM
Prices are high on ebay also - prices for items such as reloading dies, if you can find them, are also 2 to 3 times over former retail. Brass, bullets and powder are in short supply and high priced also. Crazy times.

JERRY
03-26-2013, 09:26 PM
prices are what the market will bear. if people are willing to pay too much the prices will stay high.

phil413tx
03-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Unfortunately, I do not see prices coming down anytime soon. Stores can't seem to keep inventory no matter how much they charge. I have been watching several things on gunbroker and I am always amazed at what people pay. It is frustrating! However, until we all stop buying, nothing is going to change.

wyntrout
03-26-2013, 11:55 PM
We're only about two months or so into this "shortage"... where the ammo ran out... and it looks pretty bad for now. I got my last shipments of ammo in January at "regular" prices. Now I can't even find any online or in the stores... FMJ for the range. I inventoried around the middle of last year and started buying ammo for some kind of hard times... SHTF or whatever. I have plenty of SD ammo and FMJ for a while, but it's looking like I'm going to have to cut back on range trips and how much I shoot when I go. The range has limited their AAA range ammo to one box per person per day for range use... and it looked like they didn't want to let me have a box to augment my ammo expended there, being a member. I hope they continue to get that stuff from AAA.

I was at a gun show last Saturday and 9mm FMJ was going for $28 a box of 50 and up. I found one dealer with PMC brass-cased FMJ .40 marked for $20 a box. He offered me his last case at $375 out the door. I really didn't want to carry that out, but I'm kicking myself for not getting that. I HAVE 1,100 rounds of .40 FMJ, but the way things are looking, I should have bought that because I have the lowest supply in .40 FMJ and some are saying this present state of things could last for 18 months! I'm used to shooting 200-250 rounds a trip to the range and the 2 new Glocks cost me 200 each trip + the 50 from the range. I went twice with the G23C because I put night sights on it, so I need to watch my .40 use.

I'm not going to pay scalper prices for range ammo. I'll just shoot a lot less and change calibers to spread out my supply. I now have that Ruger 2245 Lite, so I can shoot a lot of .22, and I've been thinking about a conversion kit for the Glocks. I know that Wifey would like that. She likes the feel of the 22/45 Lite, too. The conversion kits are about $300 to $400 or more(threaded barrel), depending on which one you get... which is cheaper than a case of FMJ range fodder now!

It really sucks and it looks like it's going to be this way a while... with panic buying and hoarders soaking up everything for prepping... or worse, resale at high prices... 4-5 times "normal", or more. As long as people pay those prices, they prices won't go down.

Walmart needs some pressure brought on them to stop considering the bricks and larger bulk sizes in .22 as "one" box of the 3-box limit per day and try to spread the available ammo out.

JMHO.

Wynn:)

downtownv
03-27-2013, 02:53 AM
They can't be found, anywhere. If you have a supply of anything remember replacing it is going to be expensive, if available at all....My range discipline has been 1 box per trip to the range.

MC1911
03-27-2013, 06:29 AM
I wont buy from hoarders. I am not going to look to buy ammo until May 1st.

I hope everyone does the same thing. Stop the panic.