PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm just stupid or something...

jlottmc
04-09-2010, 08:28 PM
I seem to keep getting kicked off as a read a long thread. The forum stays the same and everything looks like I'm logged in but when I go to leave my post I get a message saying that I do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and log in again. I do that and have to log in all over again. What am I doing wrong?

Bawanna
04-09-2010, 09:11 PM
I seem to keep getting kicked off as a read a long thread. The forum stays the same and everything looks like I'm logged in but when I go to leave my post I get a message saying that I do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and log in again. I do that and have to log in all over again. What am I doing wrong?

Speaking as the resident expert on stupid, I used to have that happen once in awhile. I started logging in on the big log in box kind of in the middle rather than the little one on the right side. Hasn't happened cut me off since. No idea if this could be a contributing factor or not. Guess if I knew I wouldn't be stupid and I could get a big buck job in aerospace or something and have to worry about which kahrs to spend it on. Thats the trouble with money, always have to worry about who's gonna steal it from ya.

johnh
04-10-2010, 11:13 AM
I think VB has an issue with login and cookies when using the side login area. I have noticed the same thing happening to me on another forum with a different version of VB, from different PCs. It is not consistent. When I next update I will experiment further and see if I can ID any pattern to it.

John

jlottmc
04-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Ahh, thank you kindly gentlemen. Told you I was stupid, I'll start doing that post haste.

Bawanna
04-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Just reinforces how stupid I am. I have no clue what a VB is? Do you think I got VB's? Is a VB a good thing or a bad thing. I looked up VB in my book of Jocko and it's nowhere to be found. I'll enter it and if I ever hear what it is I'll complete the entry so that future generations may not be as stupid as me. If I wasn't stupid maybe I could be Mr. JohnH's assistant. Kind of a flashy title don't ya think Assistant Moderator to the moderator Bawanna. Beats the heck out of just stupid any day.

jlottmc
04-10-2010, 11:58 AM
That sounds real close to my line...

taxifolia
04-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Have sometimes had problems - write post, then have to log in again, and sometimes lose my work. Also happened on other forums.

Here's safest way I've learned:
1. Open, eg., Word document, do draft, edit, etc..
2. When draft OK, log in and copy from Word document into thread.

Saves lot of frustration and lost work.

Bawanna
04-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Great idea. Especially for a long entry with information you'd hate to retype or when your half way thru what ya want to say and the wife wants ya to take out the garbage and you come back and your kids playing astro smash on the computer and everything you did was out the window.
I'm gonna start doing that. Ya da man. Thanks.

jlottmc
04-13-2010, 09:43 AM
I like that better still, thank you all.