PDA

View Full Version : Reassembly problem

Jay
04-10-2010, 12:32 PM
I bought my first Kahr, a CW40, a couple of days ago. When I reassmbled it after cleaning the slide stop would engage every time the slide was fully retracted. It did this with a full magazine as well as with no magazine. The problem was that the slide stop spring was under the slide stop instead of on top of it. It was pushing the stop up instead of holding it down. The solution was to push the spring up slightly and make sure that the little tapered protrussion on the stop went under the spring.

I hope this helps anyone that may encounter the same problem.

jocko
04-10-2010, 03:27 PM
I bought my first Kahr, a CW40, a couple of days ago. When I reassmbled it after cleaning the slide stop would engage every time the slide was fully retracted. It did this with a full magazine as well as with no magazine. The problem was that the slide stop spring was under the slide stop instead of on top of it. It was pushing the stop up instead of holding it down. The solution was to push the spring up slightly and make sure that the little tapered protrussion on the stop went under the spring.

I hope this helps anyone that may encounter the same problem.

uy solved your own problem. Don't try to mess with that little spring to much either, especially taking that little screw out also. It screws right into the polymer, so u can figure if you do that to much or over tighten it, you will indeed strip those polymer threads and then u are screwed. If u line that slide stop up like to book states with the lever at the 3 O'clock position it will snap in place. If you hear the snap, u did it right, if u don't then you are more than likely over that little spring than under it. If you look at that slide stop lever that little tab that makes contact with that spring has a miniscusle grove in it. that is where that spring should lie. I when cleaning put a dab of grease on that tab. It just helps to slide over that spring alot easier.