PDA

View Full Version : Component Status Update?

garyb
04-10-2013, 07:31 AM
I have been away and just returned from an extended vacation. I have not been on any forum for this time and am not as current as I should be. That said, I'm taking the chance to pose a stupid question: I realize the market has been crazy for awhile. With components and ammo being hard to find....does anyone know what is happening and when components are expected to return to the market. I'm hearing the Feds have exclusively contracted with ammo manufacturers and suppliers, coupled with consumer panic and hoarding...resulting in poor product availability in the market. :Amflag2:Anyone got any accurate info? Any suppliers for components, especially powder? Thanks.

MikeyKahr
04-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Man, it must have been a while! You know Biden is now president, too? :rolleyes:

wyntrout
04-10-2013, 04:28 PM
It's at the "abandon all hope...." stage... and getting worse!

Wynn:)

RRP
04-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Let's pretend you're an ammunition manufacturer. Demand for your ammo is so great, you can't produce components fast enough to fill your orders. Why would you want to sell components? That's where Remington, Federal, Winchester and CCI are right now.

yqtszhj
04-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Man, it must have been a while! You know Biden is now president, too? :rolleyes:

And Obummer is King, Oh, I got that wrong, I mean Michelle thinks she's the Queen.

mr surveyor
04-10-2013, 08:48 PM
I have in recent years adopted the philosophy of "Improvise, Adapt and Overcome" in my life. Reloading and making use of whatever components you may find currently makes that philosophy really sink in.

muggsy
04-11-2013, 07:35 AM
You have been gone for a long time. Kahr Talk made Jocko a moderator while you were gone!! Things on the ammo front are expected to return to normal in about a year. The same can't be said for Jocko, or Kahr Talk. :)

AIRret
04-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Welcome back.
I don't think things will get better soon. Even the LEO departments in Michigan are having trouble getting ammo. They even have had to limit training and qualification requirements.

garyb
05-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Found an alternative powder (5lbs) to get me by for this IDPA season. Had to switch from Longshot to Power Pistol. Back in action and competing again. Waiting on bullets now, but I've got enough for this season. Hopefully things will straighten out in the ammo and component world. Based on some local dealers, they are getting in stock, but it is still being bought up fast.

FireMoose
05-09-2013, 10:21 PM
You found power pistol?! Lucky.

Sent from my CZ85 Combat

BucketBack
05-10-2013, 05:58 AM
The supply of components in West MI is getting slimmer. At least I have enough for myself and a few friends stocked.