PDA

View Full Version : Should KAHR make the K45 or the MK45 ?

taxifolia
04-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Deleted. - Received replies - sent to KAHR.

Thanks, taxifolia

NonStop
04-12-2010, 02:03 PM
I have a P45 that I love. If there was a K45 I would also get one of them

Steve...

jocko
04-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Polymer outsells the steel version ALOT. Probably why we won't see an all steel K45. Would be a super nice gun, but I seriously doubt if it would be a big seller. If one notices when other gun companies introudce a new gun, it us usually a poylmer version over an all steel version.

Frankhenrylee
04-12-2010, 02:28 PM
I wonder why they can't offer an aluminium frame like Kimber does?

jocko
04-12-2010, 02:33 PM
I wonder why they can't offer an aluminium frame like Kimber does?

very nice indeed. Keep hammering kahr over a steel 45, who knows, they might just listen..:third:

usually the wheel that squeeks the most, gets the grease first!!!

wyntrout
04-12-2010, 02:40 PM
+1 or ditto on the K45. make mine K4544N... DLC with NS! Since I have my 12-year-or-so dream gun now -- the PM45 DLC with NS, I would love an all-steel K-model similarly finished!!
Wynn:D

Bawanna
04-12-2010, 02:46 PM
+1 or ditto on the K45. make mine K4544N... DLC with NS! Since I have my 12-year-or-so dream gun now -- the PM45 DLC with NS, I would love an all-steel K-model similarly finished!!
Wynn:D

I'll take one any way I can get it. I know many are quite enamored with that black stuff, guns, tire sidewalls, cars, pres's but I'm kind of into shiney so stainless will work fine for me. Course iffen they only make black, I'll buy one of those too if it helps the cause. It's all about change or staying the same which now days is different. I'm a firm believer in finding something that works and stick with it. VW really messed up when they quit making the original beetle. They'd still be a hot seller today.

jocko
04-12-2010, 04:33 PM
I'll take one any way I can get it. I know many are quite enamored with that black stuff, guns, tire sidewalls, cars, pres's but I'm kind of into shiney so stainless will work fine for me. Course iffen they only make black, I'll buy one of those too if it helps the cause. It's all about change or staying the same which now days is different. I'm a firm believer in finding something that works and stick with it. VW really messed up when they quit making the original beetle. They'd still be a hot seller today.

of those little VW's down in acapulco, Thats where they all went to die, only those a-holes down there fixed um up and they are literally everywhere. changed oil in alot of them back in my days in the Goodyear tire and service business.. IMO they really were POS vehicles to, but they arrived at the hippie time...

Bawanna
04-12-2010, 04:45 PM
of those little VW's down in acapulco, Thats where they all went to die, only those a-holes down there fixed um up and they are literally everywhere. changed oil in alot of them back in my days in the Goodyear tire and service business.. IMO they really were POS vehicles to, but they arrived at the hippie time...

I agreed with you at first. I wouldn't ride in one in high school but after a freind went to work working on them and messing around with them I got to liking them alot. If you did basic maintenance on them, kept the valves adjusted and oil changed, they would run literally forever. I ended up owning probably 6 or 8 of them. I had one so souped up it did the quarter mile in 13 flat. Hands down the fastest car I ever owned. Had a 4 barrel Holley on it for awhile but it ran by far the best with 2 - 2 barrel Webers. I still have fond memories of that POS. Now you take the bus, that was a POS for sure..............
Quick story, by friend worked at a dealer, they had a little old lady bring in her bug saying it didn't run right. They looked it all over and drove it and couldn't find anything wrong at all. She picked it up but brought it back the next day, same routine again. I happened to be there visiting and they asked me to go for a ride with the little old lady to see what was what. We got in she pulled the manual choke lever all the way out and hung her purse on it. I laughed till I cried. I took her purse off the lever and pushed the choke back in and told her to try it now. She was overwhelmed with how good it ran. Just gotta love little old ladies.

Bawanna
04-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Just to get back on track, I'll now take 2 K45's if it helps, actually a MK45 and a K45 would be special. But I'll happily settle for either one.

10Kahrs
04-12-2010, 05:27 PM
count me in!

varoadking
04-12-2010, 06:17 PM
This is the exact text from the email I sent to Kahr on Saturday:

"Just so you know...I believe you'd have quite a market for a K45 if you ever decided to build one..."

I own 5 Kahr's, and this would surely be my 6th...

rjmcw9
04-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Stainless K45 Elite :boink:

Steve-$
04-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Put me down for a K4548 with XS Big Dot Tritium Sights and Crimson Trace Laser Grips.

:)

taxifolia
04-12-2010, 06:59 PM
varoadking (http://kahrtalk.com/members/varoadking.html?)

You are one ahead of me - I only have 4. I would love to have either the K45 , the MK45 - maybe both. I won't second guess KAHR why they made the PM45. If ever a .45 ACP pistol should be made as in MK size, it should be all stainless - the recoil of the poly frame should be greatly diminished. Recruit your gun buddies, let's continue to let Frank Harris and Clay Covel know we are out here. Now you and I have to duel over who gets the first one.

Bawanna
04-12-2010, 10:15 PM
varoadking (http://kahrtalk.com/members/varoadking.html?)

You are one ahead of me - I only have 4. I would love to have either the K45 , the MK45 - maybe both. I won't second guess KAHR why they made the PM45. If ever a .45 ACP pistol should be made as in MK size, it should be all stainless - the recoil of the poly frame should be greatly diminished. Recruit your gun buddies, let's continue to let Frank Harris and Clay Covel know we are out here. Now you and I have to duel over who gets the first one.

No way dude this will be a 3 way struggle for that first one. I think it would only be fair that the 3 of us get one simultaneously. Then we can talk up how cool they are and send a whole bunch of other guys in to buy them and Kahr and everyone will be busy and happy. I think it's a good plan.

at_liberty
04-13-2010, 07:34 AM
Range ammo for the .45 ACP is near nonexistent. More people are getting aggressive about picking up .45 ACP brass and reloading. The price of .45 ACP has suffered considerable inflation. The current price is about $20 a box, and only if buying 1000 rounds (20 boxes) at a time, sometimes remanufactured. Name brand stuff is $25 and up, most of it out of stock indefinitely. Sources like Cheaper Than Dirt and LG Outdoors don't even try any more. It's all marked OUT OF STOCK. Meanwhile. .40 S&W is quite available and no particular pressure on the prices. 9mm is steadily creeping up because it is the go-to round for those trying to save range and competition ammo cost. IDPA shooters, for example, begin to eschew the .45 for their 9mm or .40 S&W.

More and more reload. A significant factor is that .40 S&W takes a small pistol primer, while the .45 ACP takes the large pistol primer. As more people pick up brass and reload .45 ACP to save cost, the cost and availability of large pistol primers become problems.

All of these concerns prompt hoarding, making availability and cost even worse. I stock more ammo and reloading supplies than ever, partly because I have to grab what I can when the price is reasonable and the stuff is briefly in stock. You have to be ready and shop constantly to get significant savings or avoid paying premium retail. You stock a lot more in anticipation of prices moving even higher.

It's just a real bad time to get too excited about moving to .45 ACP. Enjoy your .40 S&W, which I think is the ideal round for a Kahr pistol anyway. The longer mags hold one more round than they would in .45 ACP.

I suspect the ballistics are better in .40 S&W. I don't know about that but wonder if a rockin' 165 gr .40 S&W defensive round would actually work better in a short barreled pistol. The .40 S&W round was developed for a reason, and I think it had everything to do with the .45 ACP round being too big or common ammo being too tame.

adamsgeneral
04-17-2010, 12:15 AM
would love to shoot one, the k series sure are smooth. i would buy one.

jlottmc
04-17-2010, 07:38 AM
Bawanna how about 4 simultaneously. Did I ever tell you how my P45 was sold to me? If not well here goes. I was at my local toy store (I find one I like and do my business with them exclusively) (I was in that one WAY too much though, sold as many guns on my side of the counter as some on the other side) and the manager says "Jon you like 45's right?" I responded something about where a bear leaves his stuff and yes I like 45's. He handed me the P45 and a hand full of rounds and told me to go play in the range. When I came out I was in love...put that one on layaway right then. I said it before I'll take two please, or even one of both sizes... I'm not greedy.

Bawanna
04-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Bawanna how about 4 simultaneously. Did I ever tell you how my P45 was sold to me? If not well here goes. I was at my local toy store (I find one I like and do my business with them exclusively) (I was in that one WAY too much though, sold as many guns on my side of the counter as some on the other side) and the manager says "Jon you like 45's right?" I responded something about where a bear leaves his stuff and yes I like 45's. He handed me the P45 and a hand full of rounds and told me to go play in the range. When I came out I was in love...put that one on layaway right then. I said it before I'll take two please, or even one of both sizes... I'm not greedy.

Good story, happy ending. I've fallen in love with a few guns in my day and I suspect my love life is no where near over. I guess we can go a 4 way if it's ok with the others, suspect we'll have to go at least a 10 way. I'm sure Jocko, Wyn, Dietrich, Zena, MX5fan, Jklantis, Riceboy and a few others will want one also. I'm sure they'll make enough in the first batch to keep all our people happy. Just hope they do it soon, the clock is ticking you know?

jlottmc
04-17-2010, 09:47 AM
As long as we, the dedicated crowd here get that first run... I think all will be right with the world. Now to Kahr I say: How about it? There seems to be some folks clamoring for some new toys. Back to us now. What about a 10mm in the K/MK series as well? Again I'll take 2, or one of each size...

Bawanna
04-17-2010, 09:50 AM
As long as we, the dedicated crowd here get that first run... I think all will be right with the world. Now to Kahr I say: How about it? There seems to be some folks clamoring for some new toys. Back to us now. What about a 10mm in the K/MK series as well? Again I'll take 2, or one of each size...

Me thinks your getting just a bit gluttonous and greedy. If it happens I'm happy for you all the same. Personally I got very little use for the 10 especially in that small a package but maybe I'm just a woooos.
Lets do start the presses though Kahr and start pumpin out steel 45's. It's the right thing to do.

jlottmc
04-17-2010, 09:56 AM
45 is by far the preferred choice. I was just musing that maybe a 10mm would be something REALLY special. I think they died before their time. Again I love 45, and I for sure love BOOM. Of course I said earlier, I'm like the Mikey of the shooting world...I'll shoot ANYYYYTTTTHHHHIIIING and like it.

Chuck54
04-17-2010, 07:20 PM
I really like my T9 and would buy either a K45 or T45