PDA

View Full Version : cannot post from pc

knkali
04-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Log on ok but when I post get message says that my message is too short. Made a new profile got same message when I post under that. Profile too. Tried 2 different computers but no go. Using cell for this. Any help?

knkali
04-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Sorry bawanna tried to reach u with pm to get help but cannot post there either

chrish
04-16-2013, 01:50 PM
knkali,

might have to try Chrome. some folks (me included) are able to post w/ all the bells and whistles (links, picts, etc) by using Chrome. Others can post w/ Chrome but are not able to do the bells and whistles.

there is a thread going on about this, something is messed up in Oz somewhere...

jocko
04-16-2013, 01:55 PM
I have beenhaving a bunch of issues also. I can't even post smilies... Have no idea what chrome is even but trust me I am not gonna mess with chrome,unless it is on my Harley .

Bawanna
04-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Our fearless leader is working on making things right. Everyone remain calm. Knkali, I sent you my email address in one of the PM's.

I was hoping you had a report from Seattle Edge but whatever it is if you need to contact send an email.

jocko
04-16-2013, 02:02 PM
gladto see u took the issue up to a higher degree of "skills". Just sayin

Bawanna
04-16-2013, 02:04 PM
gladto see u took the issue up to a higher degree of "skills". Just sayin

That don't take much effort in my case.

mr surveyor
04-16-2013, 02:16 PM
have any of you guys with problems recently done a windoze update?

I was having similar website problems a week or two ago, after a windoze update and could not seem to make posts on the Marlin Forum play nice. The same problems could have shown themselves on other sites, but I looked around the MO site and found their computer/tech sub-forum and lo and behold found a fix ... at least fix for what I encountered on that site.

Go to your "tools" dropdown and find the "compatibility view" tab and give it a nudge. You'll get bumped off the site, and need to "log in" again. It worked perfectly on MO, and may work here too.

just an uneducated guess from an ignorant computer user

edit to add: I just tried to plant a smilie in this post and could NOT. Then did the compatibility view settings and added this site. Nope, still no smilie.

color me still ignorant

chrish
04-16-2013, 02:20 PM
have any of you guys with problems recently done a windoze update?

I was having similar website problems a week or two ago, after a windoze update and could not seem to make posts on the Marlin Forum play nice. The same problems could have shown themselves on other sites, but I looked around the MO site and found their computer/tech sub-forum and lo and behold found a fix ... at least fix for what I encountered on that site.

Go to your "tools" dropdown and find the "compatibility view" tab and give it a nudge. You'll get bumped off the site, and need to "log in" again. It worked perfectly on MO, and may work here too.

just an uneducated guess from an ignorant computer user

Good idea to try, but nope. I had tried that before as well, thinking the exact same thing...either something server side or locally w/ a browser patch had hosed IE's ability to render the site correctly. But it seems to be an issue w/ IE regardless of the compatibility setting (and at some level Chrome). Given Bawanna's response, higher powers w/ better skills are looking into it.

RRP
04-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Problems have been reported by members using Firefox, IE, Safari, and to a more limited extent Chrome.

Given that all these browsers are having trouble rendering pages, I really doubt this is a browser issue. Similarly, a Mac user reported the same trouble with Safari, so I have ruled-out Windows or Windows Updates as the culprit.

jeepster09
04-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Our Kahr needs to go to the garage for fixin.....maybe needs a recall done? jus sayin...it is definately brokin ;+[

Barth
04-16-2013, 03:24 PM
I usually get in some kind of trouble over the pics I post anyway - LOL!

I'm using Google Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64 m.
On 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.

The Insert Image button on the tool bar appears to be disabled.
In fact, for me, the entire tool bar appears to be disabled.

Tinman507
04-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Strictly conjecture on my part:

Three issues in play here
1. Something broke on a recent Firefox upgrade.
2. Something has been disabled in Kahrtalk trying to isolate the weird redirect issue. Possibly a thing called a plugin.
3. Redirect is still a problem. Possibly it is regenerating itself because all traces have not been isolated and deleted. Possibly it is alive in the database.

Just hang in. When there are multiple issues it's hard to come up with a magic wand fix. You have to take one at a time based on severity of the problem.

Try to do the workarounds JFootin came up with for now. johnh is working on the issue (and likely trying to do his fulltime job as well) Admin ain't a paid position. It's a labor of love and he can't focus 100% of his time on it.

If I have spoken out of turn, I apologize.

TheTman
04-16-2013, 04:01 PM
JohnR said the web host was experiencing some issues, that are causing this. I did the update for Internet 10, and it seems that worked for a week or so, then the "message is too short" stated appearing. On my Windows 7 machine, Chrome seems to work the best.
At least I can post, haven't tried the smileys.....http://www.kahrtalk.com/images/smilies/smiley-waving-us-flag.gif
We'll see if that one comes up.
I tried to post an image but the image selection box wouldn't come up.

JFootin
04-16-2013, 05:26 PM
JohnR said the web host was experiencing some issues, that are causing this. I did the update for Internet 10, and it seems that worked for a week or so, then the "message is too short" stated appearing. On my Windows 7 machine, Chrome seems to work the best.
At least I can post, haven't tried the smileys..... http://www.kahrtalk.com/images/smilies/smiley-waving-us-flag.gif
We'll see if that one comes up.
I tried to post an image but the image selection box wouldn't come up.

TheTman, I cut/pasted and changed url to img in the boxes([]). http://www.kahrtalk.com/images/smilies/smiley-waving-us-flag.gif

What you did works to paste a hot link.

GROTMAN
04-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Just a test. Having the same problem with firefox..thought I would try from my cell to see if it works..

CJB
04-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Testing... testing....toasting...

CJB
04-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Works from android

wyntrout
04-16-2013, 06:46 PM
I can post from Chrome... and only manually add other than text. I just use the smilies I remember.:D

I thought at first that someone had added a wyntrout filter!:eek: you guys have missed out of pages of my ramblings!:rolleyes:

I have about an inch of vino left from my bottle of Valpolicella bella... 91/100 wine score. We had scampi linguine tonight and some pickled asparagus from Peru... too freaking spicy... for Wifey. It was a BIG jar and really hard to open... used a lot of that anti-skid shelf liner stuff and really had to work at opening the large-mouthed bottle. The good thing is that the whole freaking bottle is only 170 calories... 10 per serving with 17 in the bottle! The peppercorns really add a lot of heat.

Life is good... sometimes... taxes done and I have about an inch of wine left in my glass tonight. The piece of Lindt 70% cocoa that my wife loves really goes with wine! It's just perfect to cap off the dinner.

Wynn:D

MW surveyor
04-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Is now working with the latest version of Firefox. Whooo hoo!

mr surveyor
04-17-2013, 05:54 PM
windoze seven :);):D:confused::rolleyes:

yep...it works