PDA

View Full Version : Speed loader

Dietrich
09-12-2009, 08:08 AM
Does anyone know if there are speed loaders for PM9 magazines? My right forefinger has taken a real beating over the last few months and a sore finger makes it difficult to mine for nose gold.Thanks.

Dozer
09-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Have you checked out the Butler Creek UpLula™ Universal Pistol Magazine Loader? It is available at Cabelas (and other places) for about $30. I don't have one, but I might invest in one soon. It's been around for a while and does look like it should work for you.

Dietrich
09-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks Dozer,I will definately check it out.

NavJAG06
09-14-2009, 04:50 PM
+1 Uplula. Use this speed loader for my HK45c, my Sig P239 and my Kahr PM9. One of the very best on the market.

P40
09-15-2009, 08:11 AM
+1 on the Uplula also. I originally got it for S&W double stack mags before I got my Kahr. It works great on single stack like Kahr also. Allot of places were out of stock for this, I got one at Cabellas $28 + tax. You can reload mags fast too. Every time I use it at the range someone asks me where to buy one. IOW, I think they end up selling one every time I go out shooting.

I have seen a plastic one that goes around your thumb that was not obviously as easy or fast to use, but it was small enough to put on your key chain, etc.

found the link > / magloader com / MAGLOADER Pistol Magazine Speed Loader (http://www.magloader.com) I have never used this product, just trying to give an alternative. Even assuming it works well, this would be a secondary product to supplement the Uplula IMHO.

8th SPS USAF
09-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Interesting. I do not know how your finger would get bad? I use my
right thumb to put the rnds in my mag. I am right handed. Hold mag in
left hand, point front of the mag out , then place the primer end in the
mag, and push down with right thumb.
Good luck,
8th

Dietrich
09-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Interesting. I do not know how your finger would get bad? I use my
right thumb to put the rnds in my mag. I am right handed. Hold mag in
left hand, point front of the mag out , then place the primer end in the
mag, and push down with right thumb.
Good luck,
8th

The mags on my PM9 have rather sharp edges, After my thumb gets several nicks,I start using my forefinger to push the cartridge in. Arthritis probably plays a role as well.

bhill
09-15-2009, 03:39 PM
I haven't used this one, but I saw it on the Kahr Accessories page. The HKS Magazine Loader (http://www.kahrshop.com/cgi-bin/itemdetail.asp?itmid=1981) only $14.

arizona98tj
09-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Have you checked out the Butler Creek UpLula™ Universal Pistol Magazine Loader? It is available at Cabelas (and other places) for about $30. I don't have one, but I might invest in one soon. It's been around for a while and does look like it should work for you.

I have one and have used it for several years on my XD9 and XD45c.

It works on my PM9 mags but not as well as it does on the double stack XD mags.

That being said, I use it at the range. (it's in my shooting bag and there is no reason to find a replacement for it)

jzorn
08-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Kahr does make one for $14.00. Has anyone used it? How does it work?

JFootin
08-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Kahr does make one for $14.00. Has anyone used it? How does it work?

Not nearly as good as the UpLULA.

340pd
08-15-2012, 07:03 AM
NO! NO! NO! Spend the $30 and get the correct product. As a range officer I lend mine out to someone every shift. We do not sell products at out range, but I have sent dozens of people to the local gun shop to pick one up. It fits virtually any magazine except 22 and 380.
The inventor deserves the Nobel Prize far more than Obama.

http://www.amazon.com/Butler-Creek-9mm-45-Universal-Unloader/dp/B001HBHNHE

JFootin
08-15-2012, 10:24 AM
NO! NO! NO! Spend the $30 and get the correct product. As a range officer I lend mine out to someone every shift. We do not sell products at out range, but I have sent dozens of people to the local gun shop to pick one up. It fits virtually any magazine except 22 and 380.
The inventor deserves the Nobel Prize far more than Obama.

http://www.amazon.com/Butler-Creek-9mm-45-Universal-Unloader/dp/B001HBHNHE

+1. And it works for loading my 380 mags, too.