PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Oahu

voodoo54
05-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Just recently moved to Hawaii from Kentucky(PCS move), was wondering if there is any other Kahr owners out there on this forum who lives on Oahu. Very beautiful and awesome weather all year round but pain in the rear to purchase a firearm. Sad thing is it's still easier than New York, New Jersey, or California to acquire!

yqtszhj
05-22-2013, 05:52 AM
I've been to Oahu before (twice.)

Cant find guns there but just walk down the street and someone will offer you some weed (I wasn't buying though.)

There is the best place to snorkel on Oahu called if I remember right its called Hanauma Bay. You should try it out.

Hang Loose....

RevRay
05-22-2013, 12:42 PM
For some reason, you have yet to be visited by the resident experts. Could be because of the Oahu-PotUS connection. Most of them are not big fans ... though you should probably keep that bit to yourself ... what with the irs (hence the non-caps) and all. You can never be too careful.

Bawanna
05-22-2013, 01:03 PM
The potus weren't born in Hawaii. They don't claim him either. That's just another one of his stories.

I never been there myself. Wife has been there a few times. Wheelchairs don't do good on sandy beaches and that's probably where I'd want to be the most.
I would like to check out the huge cattle ranch that many aren't even aware of but doubt I'll ever get over there to do it.

Too many distractions walking around for me too. All the exposed beautiful flesh, just can't be a good thing.

wyntrout
05-22-2013, 01:08 PM
I've been to Oahu before (twice.)

Cant find guns there but just walk down the street and someone will offer you some weed (I wasn't buying though.)

There is the best place to snorkel on Oahu called if I remember right its called Hanauma Bay. You should try it out.

Hang Loose....

I've been there a few times back in the early 80's, too. We stopped there once on the way to Guam to swap out a B52 and another time we were there to bring our B52D for an air show at Pearl, I think.

While there, my crew used a Rent-A-Wreck to get around and drove through a scene being filmed for the Magnum PI series... around 1982. The red Ferrari was on the right side of the road and we drove by... between the car and a whole parking lot full of camera equipment, crews, and onlookers. As we were passing the car, we put those things together and realized... MAGNUM P.I.! That was a very popular show back then!

Watch out for sunburn when snorkeling... only takes about 20 minutes or less to get really burned on your backside! Did that BOTH trips to Hanauma Bay! The reef fish were very pretty, but the up close encounter with the Moray eel is kind of scary!

Wynn:)

RevRay
05-22-2013, 01:22 PM
I was actually in Hawaii for a week once for R&R with my wife back in the days when that was one of the R&R choices during Vietnam. I don't remember much about it though ... for some reason.

yqtszhj
05-22-2013, 10:13 PM
I was actually in Hawaii for a week once for R&R with my wife back in the days when that was one of the R&R choices during Vietnam. I don't remember much about it though ... for some reason.

Uh huh... that was before the Rev days I bet.

I can relate to that in my youth. All part of the testimony that we have today. I was there after my youth.

dkmatthews
05-23-2013, 06:13 AM
Welcome to kahrtalk! Enjoy your assignment in Oahu. It's probably hard to get any range time there, but I'm guessing you'll be busy enjoying the Hawaiian islands too much to notice.

voodoo54
05-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Hopefully some more Hawaii based Kahr fans pop up on this site. Maybe I can start a trend over here. There actually is a free outdoor gun range on the island called Koko Head range. You can shoot anything that is legal in Hawaii here. Also there is a good pro second amendment group here called the Hawaii Defense Foundation. They have NRA certified instructors, are fighting the draconian gun laws through legal action and other good stuff. There is still hope even in this liberal haven.
:Amflag2: