PDA

View Full Version : Ammo problem?

HiCap
04-18-2010, 01:19 PM
I have shot about 400 rounds through my K9 without any problems. I keep it clean and lubed. Today I had five FTE's using Winchester White box. I was absolutely not limp-wristing. I then switched over to a mongrel Euro brand without any problems. Previously I had been shooting Wolf and the same mongrel brand. Has anyone else experienced this problem with the White Box stuff?

HiCap

jocko
04-18-2010, 01:43 PM
I have shot about 400 rounds through my K9 without any problems. I keep it clean and lubed. Today I had five FTE's using Winchester White box. I was absolutely not limp-wristing. I then switched over to a mongrel Euro brand without any problems. Previously I had been shooting Wolf and the same mongrel brand. Has anyone else experienced this problem with the White Box stuff?

HiCap

indeed, that is all I shoot is WWB from wal mart. Sure sounds like it does not like WWB when all else works OK. How about your defense ammo??Is it OK???

I would like to think in time the WWB will be OK to. That is good ammo and K9's are certainly not ammo sensitive IMO...

HiCap
04-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Well, jocko, the defense ammo has always worked fine up to now. It could be a batch of bad WWB. But I'll tell you, it reinforces my thinking that my Ruger sp-101 is what I should be carrying. These were the first FTE's I've experienced with the K9. I want the thing to go bang when I pull the trigger. I need comfort before I sell the puppy. And I really don't think it was me limp-wristing. After all, it is a heavy pistol with enough inertia to overcome limp-wristing.

HiCap