PDA

View Full Version : New to me AOM130

b4uqzme
06-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Here's the deal. I need to stay out of gun stores :o

I ran across an AOM130 the other day. Asking price around $500. Looked to be in very good condition except the fore-upper was a little loose. Is that a big issue? normal? easy fix?

My real questions are: is this something that should be on my radar? I wasn't really looking for an M1. Is this something I should snap up at that price? Will I have issues finding ammo? Anything good or bad I should look for when inspecting the rifle?

For me this would just be interesting and fun. No real purpose in mind.

Thanks in advance.

Update: Went back to lgs and this rifle was on the clearance rack so I picked it up. Just starting to do my resaearch so any tips or advice would be appreciated.

b4uqzme
06-21-2013, 06:11 PM
carbine on left --- carbine target on left = 20 yards (one flyer missed target) = unsupported standing

yqtszhj
06-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Buy it.

Salty
06-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Ammo is very hard to get at this point. Reloading components are hard to come by. Accuracy is OK. I would get the M1 or if you want a CQB rifle something like a Storm.

b4uqzme
06-22-2013, 07:57 AM
yq -- I did -- thanks!

salty -- yeah -- I'm bumming about how hard it is to find ammo because this rifle is real fun to shoot! I'll keep looking. Still glad I bought it. Seller made a deal I couldn't refuse. I'm pleased with the accuracy. Thanks for the reply.

b4uqzme
06-22-2013, 11:11 PM
my brother in law gave me a box of ammo today and took me golfing too! not a bad day!

Acasper708
06-23-2013, 04:45 AM
Mmmmmm
I've been dreaming of a M1 for a while!
I don't like the AR coolaid and think a pimped M1 would be sweet!!

Alfonse
06-23-2013, 08:30 AM
Now you can properly say "Get off my lawn."

Bawanna
06-23-2013, 08:56 AM
I think ya done real good. I don't predict a bit of buyers remorse in your future.
Last range visit there was a fella with his 50 year old version shooting next to us and it was incredibly accurate.

I have an old original myself that I've never shot but I think I've changed my mind have seeing him shoot, I'm gonna shoot it and see how it shoots.
I call it my duffel bag M1 and it's just mint, but won't hurt a thing to shoot it carefully.

Ammo will be back one of these days.

b4uqzme
06-25-2013, 12:48 AM
By all means shoot it. It's a hoot! I think i'll go up to the Camp Perry CMP store next week and check out his big brother... M1 Garand. Both my father and father-in-law carried those in the service.. They might even have some 30 Carbine ammo too.

Bawanna
06-25-2013, 09:05 AM
I have shot my Garand and that is a hoot. And history in your hands too.

b4uqzme
06-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Made it to both my go-to ammo stores today and they both had 30carbine. Priced between 40sw and 45cal. So I'm sitting pretty for now. I can bang away.

We keep the fishing boat real close to the Camp Perry CMP and always new they had reconditioned Garands for sale but was never really interested. But when I saw my father-in-law shooting that carbine....how happy he was....something clicked. I'd like to let him shoot a Garand again. We'll see.