PDA

View Full Version : Latch Frame Button Problem

bunky69
06-23-2013, 09:50 AM
I have a 1927 A1 semi auto Tommygun in like brand new condition... It was made in Worcester, Mass. My firearm has about .010 to .015 of "slop" between the upper and lower receivers... This is a back and forward motion... No sideways motion... This is because the latch frame button has ALOT of sideways motion and does not hold the upper and lower receivers tight together... The button itself does not look worn in any way... But the machined hole in the upper receiver is way bigger than the button... Which makes this frame latch button slop... Is this normal for this firearm? Any fix? Do I need new button?
Any info is appreciated.
THANX

bunky69
06-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Anyone who has a steel frame 1927 A1 semi auto... Can they check their firearm and tell me if there is any sideway motion in their latch frame button? Or does it just push in an out?
THANX
Greatly Appreciated

WYn
07-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Anyone who has a steel frame 1927 A1 semi auto... Can they check their firearm and tell me if there is any sideway motion in their latch frame button? Or does it just push in an out?
THANX
Greatly Appreciated

Mine just pushes in and out, no forward or sideways movement. I also have the very small forward and backward motion you talked about.

bunky69
07-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Is this normal in all Thompson's?