PDA

View Full Version : TP covert?

kahrcrazy
09-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Has anyone out there made a TP covert?

sgrizzly
09-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Yes, I recently switched from Sig P229 to Kahr TP45. Love it. I don't understand the squirrels that say Kahr is "a piece of junk".
In the first fifty rounds, I have one FTF and it was paradise after that. Shot1.5 in groups with modest recoil.

1911master
09-04-2009, 08:17 PM
I think what he was asking was if anyone has shortned the grip to accept the PM series mags. I had a TP45 that a local gunsmith shortened to accept the P series mags. It worked great. I reason I went that direction was I already owned a P45 and a PM 45. I have owned pm9, p9 and now the TP9. I really cannot see the advantage of shortning the grip on a TP when you have the barrel lenght of 4 inches. I think the TP9 is a first rate concel carry weapon. I never leave home with out it.

at_liberty
04-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Is it really just a matter of sawing off a fraction of the grip and blending in the edges?

jocko
04-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Has anyone out there made a TP covert?

a smitty that can do it anyway u want. he is super reasonable.He knows kahrs, he did my PM9 custom over on the kahr tech section page 3 (I think) Jocko cusotom PM9.

Accurate-iron com

He can grip stipple, slide melt, isntall xs sights, do mag well cut out, slide stop contours, and oh yes covert mods...Ther TP9 would accept PM mags OK.

ripley16
04-30-2010, 11:06 AM
The TP9 already comes in two grip lengths. If we add another I think we'll have to call it something else to avoid confusion ... like, TP9 extra short covert convert, or Teeny-weeny Teepee.

:D

Bawanna
04-30-2010, 11:09 AM
The TP9 already comes in two grip lengths. If we add another I think we'll have to call it something else to avoid confusion ... like, TP9 extra short covert convert, or Teeny-weeny Teepee.

:D

Oh, I like Teeny-weeny Teepee. Has a nice ring to it.