PDA

View Full Version : PM9 Handloads

mobocracy
04-26-2010, 03:32 PM
[I haven't seen anything saying "No reloading discussions..." -- if this is a breech of forum/topic protocol, please feel free to delete this and PM me so I know. I've avoided specific load data.]

Does anyone reload for their Kahr PM9? I've run about 200 rounds, about half 124 FMJs and half 115gr JHPs through mine. My loads were very middle of the road per the Hornady load manual using Power Pistol powder.
I have a test batch of 147gr Silvertips waiting to be tested. They are on the warmer side of the scale, but not at the maximum load range.

The Kahr functioned well but the sights seem regulated to different loads as it shot consistently below point of aim. The same loads shot POA=POI through a Glock 17.

I'm interested to test the 147s through the Kahr; the loads are hotter (relatively speaking) than the 115s and 124s were and I'm also wondering if the Kahr fixed sights are more closely regulated to heavier bullets. The darn 147s were on back order for over six months!

jlottmc
04-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Yes many reload here, stick to SAAMI specs and maximums and you'll be ok. With lead, proper sizing and lube are essential, as cleaning is more than MANDATORY. Most sights from most makers are for old/heavy/very tame loads. I posted something similar in another area, I'll see if I can find it.

jfrey
04-26-2010, 08:45 PM
The vast majority of the 800 or so rounds through my CW9 so far have been my own loads. I've shot factory ball ammo and some SD loads and they all seem to shoot to about the same point of aim. I shoot the 115 gr. bullets most of the time. I read somewhere that kahr's like the hotter loads anyway. Jocko can be a good source of info here. My gun shoots high and I am getting a set of sights to hopefully correct this. Kahr says shooting reloads will invalidate the warranty but I don't see it as a problem. Most gun companies will tell you the same.