PDA

View Full Version : Range Report: MK9 9mm

GOOFA
04-30-2010, 01:08 PM
A brief report re: my new MK9. Last night I ran through rather quickly 50 rds of Remington UMC FMJ, 50 rds of Winchester USA FMJ, 50 rds of Federal American Eagle FMJ and 50 rds of Winchester 124gr NATO FMJ. As I expected, my new MK9 was flawless and extremely accurate. A boring range session, the kind I like.
A hair less accurate than my K9 Elite and my K9 DLC.
Side-note: I have always marveled at the fact that I shoot my K9's and now my MK9 "right on" so to say I can almost pick my spot @ 21 ft. But as far as their polymer counterparts go, my PM, P and CW series I have to struggle a bit to match the output. I am generally a bit off to the left and at times a bit down also. I hate that garbage. What ya gonna do?
One last thing. My new dilemma is what wood grips from Kahr should I purchase, the plain or the checkered? The plain look so much better, but will I get any benefit from the checkered ones.:D

slacker218
04-30-2010, 03:21 PM
I had a set of the checkered on my MK9. They are really nice - a bit wider than the stock plastic grips and the checkering allows for a nice grip, but I pocket carry and find the stock ones more practical for such mode of carry. If you decide on the checkered I can give you a good deal on mine. Just shoot me a PM.

jocko
04-30-2010, 03:34 PM
I wish they stillmade the rubber grips like used to come on the K9 models. I have them took them off to put on the nice looking wood grips and now back to the rubber. They are thinner, they feel better and they look damn nice. Nice report goofa, I would guess for some reason one would shoot the steel versions somewhat better. I do my K9 over my PM9, course I shoot my P380 better than the K9 and PM9 so go figure..