PDA

View Full Version : New CC info for IL!!!

Acasper708
09-05-2013, 06:45 PM
http://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-index.cfm

Cougar8000
09-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Another thing to remember is for those that are out of state and drive through it.

YOU CAN CARRY CONCEAL with your current out of state, just dont get out of the car. While you are in your car you are all good.

Acasper708
09-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Hmmmm. I wonder how that's gonna work for guys on motorcycles? Will the be able to carry on the person or will it have to be on the bike?

Cougar8000
09-06-2013, 07:54 AM
Hmmmm. I wonder how that's gonna work for guys on motorcycles? Will the be able to carry on the person or will it have to be on the bike?

That is a great question. I am a rider and I can tell you that local LEO have no clue how to legally transport on MC now, yes I have checked

If you are out of state and traveling through best is to put it in a locked case

Once ccw goes in and you have a license I suppose you should be ok to conceal it

My biggest issue right now is how to transport my ar on a bike :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

dirtkicker
09-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Another thing to remember is for those that are out of state and drive through it.

YOU CAN CARRY CONCEAL with your current out of state, just dont get out of the car. While you are in your car you are all good.

I do not believe Illinois will be a 'reciprocal' state regarding other states ccw permits. To the best of my knowledge (currently) if you carry in your vehicle the magazine has to be out of the weapon and the chamber empty. A revolver would have to be with an empty cylinder. They can be together in the console etc. but must be transported in that fashion.

Just wait, after these knucklehead politician's get done f'ing this up, we really won't know what's what.

dirtkicker
09-06-2013, 03:37 PM
http://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-faq.cfm

wyntrout
09-06-2013, 05:10 PM
I just read the stuff and we out-of-state CWP holders can carry concealed inside our vehicle immediately... but not outside the vehicle. We have to unload the pistol to move it to the trunk... or to the lock box. I don't have a trunk in my van, but I do carry locking containers for the pistol(s).

I don't think I'll have the time or inclination to try to get permitted there, though... 16 hours of classes and $300 for 5 years... for out-of-staters. We don't need the F.O.I., either.

Wynn:)

Cougar8000
09-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Guys. According to ISP you out is state folks CAN carry while I your car

"However, out of state residents are granted a limited exception to lawfully carry a concealed firearm within a vehicle if they are eligible to carry a firearm in public under the laws of his or her state or territory of residence and are not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under federal law. This rule becomes effective immediately. "

From my reading IL will NOT allow for an out of state people to get license here

That said. Those in IL, if you ever want to leave the state and carry you ought to get your self UT and FL now. Between those 2 and IL you will be good across most of the country

Plus, it will count towards your 16 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

dirtkicker
09-06-2013, 07:28 PM
I stand corrected, thanks cougar 8000. So out of state permit holders have more rights than Illinois residents... at the moment. You gotta love it.

Cougar8000
09-06-2013, 07:30 PM
I stand corrected, thanks cougar 8000. So out of state permit holders have more rights than Illinois residents... at the moment. You gotta love it.

Sadly to say yes

Gray_Rider
09-06-2013, 10:42 PM
So glad I will never be visiting or passing through the land of dishonest Abe.

Gray_Rider
Deo Vindice!
We warned you in1862!

Acasper708
10-16-2013, 06:49 AM
Just took my CC class for IL yesterday. It was stupid easy. there were a few people that shouldn't of been there. They didn't even know how to properly operate the pistol they brought.
But I passed easily and just got to wait till apps are available in January.

Glock23
10-16-2013, 08:10 AM
The last 8 hours of my training is scheduled for the end of the month. With the live fire requiring a maximum of 10 yards, I'll be using my CM40.

garyb
10-16-2013, 08:24 AM
I never travel through IL...probably never will. However, just in case I'll need to check on the reciprocation with all the states that I do have carry permits. I believe I am good in all but about 10 states or so. Some of them will come up for renewal again in 2015 and 2016. I finished my training many years ago, but continue more advanced training on a regular basis. Training may seem to be a nuisance for some, but I feel it is all good stuff. Always pick up new tactical things to work on. Like competition.

addictedhealer
10-16-2013, 08:39 AM
I work in IL once in a while, if I could just keep my gun in my work truck hot and ready that would suffice, 90% I'm in my truck when I'm there anyhow.

garyb
10-16-2013, 08:59 AM
I tried to find IL new reciprocity law, but it appears that this has not been finalized and they are still working things out. Prior law as that IL recognized no other states permits. Does anyone have conclusive updates on IL reciprocity. Our law makers do such a wonderful job of covering all basis when they put out new legislation....They know so much about gun law that they always cover all basis....LOL.

Glock23
10-16-2013, 10:22 AM
Currently, our illustrious state has reciprocity with zero states. If (as a non-resident) you want to carry a concealed handgun in Illinois, you have to complete a minimum of 16 hours of training in accordance with the requirements in the law and pay double the cost for a non-resident permit; $150 for residents, $300 for non-residents.

HOWEVER,

If you are legally able to carry a handgun in public in your own state, you can carry a concealed handgun IN YOUR CAR in Illinois.

Those of us who actually live here can't even do that until we have a permit.

Acasper708
10-16-2013, 10:31 AM
^
100% correct.

But a good thing is it looks like a few states are recognizing the IL permit.

Bawanna
10-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Not a chance I'm doing a 16 hour class and paying 150 bucks let alone 300 for a piece of paper that tells me I can exercise my constitutional rights.

Just ain't a gonna happen.

Call me the Rebel but I ain't playing.

Used to be great little place across the river from Hannibal that had great catfish dinners, used to go there with my grandparents back in the day. Probably long gone now anyhow but guess if/when I'm in Missouri I'll stay on my side.

Don't know if they honor my WA. permit in MO, never checked and that don't really matter either.

Glock23
10-16-2013, 11:36 AM
I think MO honors all permits.

jocko
10-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Currently, our illustrious state has reciprocity with zero states. If (as a non-resident) you want to carry a concealed handgun in Illinois, you have to complete a minimum of 16 hours of training in accordance with the requirements in the law and pay double the cost for a non-resident permit; $150 for residents, $300 for non-residents.

HOWEVER,

If you are legally able to carry a handgun in public in your own state, you can carry a concealed handgun IN YOUR CAR in Illinois.

Those of us who actually live here can't even do that until we have a permit.

ifr in ones saddle bags on a motorcycle ,if that would be accepted also. Inhave carried n thgat state every time I cross their fokking line. They will never be gun owner friendly I would not pay double to carry in that state PERIOD...:Amflag2:

Bawanna
10-16-2013, 12:10 PM
I wonder if there ain't a tunnel between Illinois and California, kind of an underground stupid connection.

That does it, I'm wearing my tin foil hat full time from now on.

jocko
10-16-2013, 12:27 PM
a tunnel and then taking a chanc eof runninginto Pegosie or Einstein????Sorry not worth the reward. nOT SURE PEGOSIE OR EINSTEIN HAS BEEN WITH A MAN IN YEARS AND THEN TO MEET UP WITH THEM IN A TUNNEL, OH my!!!! Just sayin.

ltxi
10-16-2013, 07:22 PM
I live in Colorado and do quite a few road trips east. Illinois is pretty much unavoidable for many/most destinations, but one of the nice things about it is that I never have to stop in the state other than to take a....use the facilities. So the new rules work quite well for me.

Acasper708
11-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Anyone know if the apps are still set on coming out in January?

Glock23
11-27-2013, 10:20 PM
By January 5th, per the ISP.

jocko
11-28-2013, 05:53 AM
I live in Colorado and do quite a few road trips east. Illinois is pretty much unavoidable for many/most destinations, but one of the nice things about it is that I never have to stop in the state other than to take a....use the facilities. So the new rules work quite well for me.

If u travel alot in Illinois, in a motor home, how about as u pass through the Chicago areaj just open up ur gray water tanks. they will never notice the difference in smell. cheaper than paying to dump it in Illinois, and all the dump sites do is at ite they cruise the southern section of Chicago and ope their valves. It is an understood thing i chicago.:blah:

I feel for anyone who has to pass through Illinois, for any reason. Its just a sh!thole state.

Tinman507
11-28-2013, 06:01 AM
Now Jocko,

That's a horrible attitude to have on Thanksgiving. Don't forget, Chicago is the home of our Dear Leader. We should be giving thanks for Chicago.

Acasper708
11-28-2013, 07:52 AM
Uhhhhg.
Well it's obvious where he learned his ways

I was ready to move, but I scored a really nice job. I guess I can deal with IL till I retire.

jocko
11-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Now Jocko,

That's a horrible attitude to have on Thanksgiving. Don't forget, Chicago is the home of our Dear Leader. We should be giving thanks for Chicago.

baw hum bug:blah:

I do give thanksw EVERY FOKKING DAY THAT i don't live in illinois. jUST SAYIN.

Acasper708
01-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Apps are available for online only.
At CCL4Illinois.com
And here's a nice how to.
http://chicagogunsmith.com/blog/how-do-i-apply-for-my-illinois-carry-concealed-license/190/

I filled mine out this mornin. I waived the fingerprints, so it will take a little longer to process. But I figured if having to wait another month and not having my prints on file is well worth the wait!

berettabone
01-10-2014, 04:30 PM
I just received an email from the people that I used for training to obtain my CCL in Wisconsin. They do the training for Wisconsin, Florida, Utah, Minnesota, and now apparently, they can train for Illinois. People in Wisconsin that travel a lot down to Illinois figured that with the 16 hrs. of training, they would be good to go, with the training being done in both Wisconsin and Illinois. He said that now, he has to refund everyone's money from Wisconsin, because the only state that Illinois currently recognizes is Hawaii. Go figure..............

Glock23
01-11-2014, 08:40 AM
They're still working on hashing out the requirements for out of state applicants. One of the issues has to do with the state's requirements for how (and to whom) they report mental health issues.

Bob T
01-11-2014, 08:47 AM
Apps are available for online only.
At CCL4Illinois.com
And here's a nice how to.
http://chicagogunsmith.com/blog/how-do-i-apply-for-my-illinois-carry-concealed-license/190/

I filled mine out this mornin. I waived the fingerprints, so it will take a little longer to process. But I figured if having to wait another month and not having my prints on file is well worth the wait!

I did the prints last week, since the government already has mine anyway. Hope to fill out the app this weekend. Taking my wife for her prints this morning.:D

Everything I've read says the State Police are keeping up with applications as they come in. Last I heard, they had done the initial processing of over 15K apps, and that was a couple days ago.

Acasper708
02-03-2014, 10:17 AM
I submitted my app on 1/5/14. It's said under review on the website for a while. I received a email today with a payment conformation#.

Bob T
02-03-2014, 11:36 AM
I submitted my app on 1/5/14. It's said under review on the website for a while. I received a email today with a payment conformation#.

Yup...I submitted on 1/12 and got my email today.:)

Paulgl26
02-03-2014, 01:01 PM
I think everyone is getting the email after the first 30 days are gone
I received my email today

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

berettabone
02-03-2014, 06:29 PM
I guess for the time being, Illinois will not be allowing Wisconsin residents to obtain a non res license from their state.

Paulgl26
02-03-2014, 06:56 PM
I guess for the time being, Illinois will not be allowing Wisconsin residents to obtain a non res license from their state.

If you have a licence from your state you can car carry

Acasper708
02-04-2014, 11:08 AM
^ did they change the law?
Cause when I took my class. No out of state CC permits were aloud to carry except in their vehicles.

If u want to carry in IL you need a IL permit.

Derrrr. I missed that car.

Bawanna
02-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Kind of sad what's happened to Illinois since the times of Lincoln. Kind of the toilet bowl of the country.
I'm glad they are at least making an attempt even though they don't want to to get permits available to gun owners.

jocko
02-04-2014, 12:55 PM
Illinois is a breakof state from Washngton U can't run for any office in Illinois unless at least one of your family members has done time If more than one member has done time, u don't even have to run for an office, u are just appointed by the democratic caucus in that area. I live aout 2 miles from the iLLINOIS and one can smell Illinois from myt home even. In Indiana though at Terre Haute federal pen, we are proud to have a big billboard up at the entrace that says, Home of the lat two Illniois guovners.

damn I love that state. Just sayin

smo79
02-04-2014, 06:09 PM
For those of us that our honest law abiding citizens you realize how many idiots this state really is home too during election season. How we keep re-electing crooked idiot after crooked idiot? Oh that right Chicago. If my family and job were not holding me I say hello Wisconsin.

ltxi
04-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Think maybe could get Putin to claim Chicago? We give it up without a shot fired and get to keep the rest if IL in exchange. That would be a great deal.