PDA

View Full Version : Mini-tuck Holster issue

mikegun
05-11-2010, 11:48 AM
I have a Kahr P45 and a PM9. When I looked at the Kahr website and ordered the mini-tuck, it said this model would work for all p and pm frames. Well to my disappointment, it fits the pm just fine, but doesn't work with the P45. I was hoping that I could get 2 for 1. Are there any other models that have this same issue?

recoilguy
05-11-2010, 01:47 PM
I think the issue is 45 and 9 not P and PM.

I have not tried to fit a PM9 and a P 45 in the same holster. I think the 45's need their own holster and the 40's and 9's can work interchangably. It is that way at the holster mfg (http://www.jndtactical.com)I buy a lot from. Check it out for yourself.

RCG

at_liberty
05-11-2010, 01:51 PM
I have a Kahr P45 and a PM9. When I looked at the Kahr website and ordered the mini-tuck, it said this model would work for all p and pm frames. Well to my disappointment, it fits the pm just fine, but doesn't work with the P45. I was hoping that I could get 2 for 1. Are there any other models that have this same issue?

Just to be clear, what dimension is causing the fit problem on the P45? I am surprised because my T40 and P40 and PM40 all have an easy fit in the Minituck and the 1911s go in more snug but just fine. I don't have a Kahr .45.

kahrseye
05-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I have a PM9 and a PM45, which I interchange in a Galco Pro460 pocket holster. They both fit in it well....but then again it's not a P45.

mikegun
05-11-2010, 02:20 PM
It is the width. When I looked at the Kahr site, it doesn't make any distinction for caliber, it just says it fits all P and PM frames. It does make sense, but the website doesn't say that.

recoilguy
05-11-2010, 02:28 PM
look at the holster site linked in my first thread. they distinguish between 9's/40's and 45's. It makes sense to me.

CG

QuietMan
05-13-2010, 09:46 AM
Is it just a tight fit in the holster? I have a supertuck for my XD9 and after wearing it for about a year the leather is nicely broken in and the gun has printed into the leather. Mark at Crossbreed will usually adjust the kydex for you if you need it but I thinks that they distinguish between 9/40 & 45 holsters. 9 and 40 will work but the 45 is just a little thicker you maybe able to get it adjusted to a happy medium slightly tight on the 45 and a little loose on the 9. Contact Crossbreed customer service is the best!

K40/P45
05-13-2010, 11:39 AM
I dont know if this helps but i have a high noon tuckable split decision and it fits my new p45 and my older k40.i am happy i get a 2 for one fit.

mikegun
05-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Thanks guys for the replies. I really like the mini-tick for the PM9 so I'm not complaining about that, it was just the fact that the Kahr site was a little misleading about the fit. I just may order another one specifically for the P45.

jlottmc
05-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Let me know how you like that holster. I want one, but since I sweat like a pig and in the TX heat here, I need something good.

wyntrout
05-13-2010, 08:54 PM
I've said this a few times, but I have a horsehide Minituck that I got for my PM9. My K9 drops into it. My PM45 fits it fine. The .45 was only a tiny bit more resistance than the PM9, which was a pleasant surprise... not having to buy another holster for the .45.
It would seem that the P45 would fit if the PM45 does. I didn't have to use much extra pressure to get the PM45 into the PM9 holster. The P's barrel is 1/2" longer and the grip is one round longer, but the width is the same. There's only 1/10" difference in the width between the 9mm and the .45... okay 0.11 inch. :D
Wynn

Don't forget the discount for any military, LEO, or current NRA members. See the FAQs.

jlottmc
05-14-2010, 06:04 AM
Hey I could get in on that... How does that mini tuck wear? I was thinking of the super tuck for my ah larger guns too. Should I spend the extra bread and get the horsehide? I have a few things to do first, but that is up there on my git r done list.

QuietMan
05-14-2010, 06:44 AM
If you sweat hte horsehide is a tighter grain leather and smoother than cowhide. I for one have had mine on planting spring food plots and had no issues.

jlottmc
05-14-2010, 10:22 AM
I think that just about settles it for me I'll get one as soon as I can set aside some dinar's.

mikegun
05-14-2010, 10:32 AM
I can get the P45 in the holster but I fell it stretches it too much and then the draw is more like a tug and pull contest rather than a smooth draw like the PM9. If the tightness isn't an issue for you, then I guess it would be fine for both, but personally for me, if I had to call on the gun quickly in a bad situation, I don't want to have to tug at it. That's just me though.

wyntrout
05-14-2010, 01:16 PM
I don't have to tug... it's like it was made for the PM45, which is fine with me, as that's my main carry. The K9 is really loose but belt tension will hold it in. The PM9 is not "tight" but fine with belt tension. the PM45 is retained when the holster is held upside down, the K9 not at all and the PM9 only shows the slightest hesitation before falling out. The PM45 requires a shake. This is not a great "test" because wearing the holster molds it to your body and retention is greatly affected by carry position and the tightness of your belt. If you think "committing" the holster to the PM45 may prevent proper fit and retention with the "smaller" pistols, then this one size fits all might not suit you.
If I'm going to wear the Minituck, I'll carry the PM45. It's only 4 ounces more than the PM9 and about 6 ounces lighter than the K9... and my favorite caliber.
Wynn:)

If you sweat or live where it's warm, go with the horsehide. It's only $10 more and cheaper than remorse!:D Don't forget the 10% discount... see FAQs.