PDA

View Full Version : Restricted access at work because of "adult themes"

copterdrvr
11-11-2013, 02:23 PM
I can't remember the exact terminology but if I'm at work I can get on the website but when I try to actually open a thread to read it I get a message that says my access is being restricted because of adult material, or something to that effect.

This is the only firearms website that does this when I attempt to access it at work....

Any ideas?

Tinman507
11-11-2013, 02:35 PM
If you're that restricted at work, it's likely you're not allowed to download programs either, but here's a possible solution.

Ultrasurf (http://ultrasurf.us/) is a proxy based Internet tool that is downloaded and allows you to bypass security rules.

Not sure of other methods. Here's a wiki on the subject: http://www.wikihow.com/Bypass-a-Firewall-or-Internet-Filter

RevRay
11-11-2013, 03:11 PM
I can't understand that ... 'cause we don't have any adults on here.

b4uqzme
11-11-2013, 04:37 PM
^^^^^^^ burn!

yqtszhj
11-11-2013, 05:30 PM
They must have read some of ol' jocko's post...

JustinN
11-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Yeah, we sense blocks most posts for me at work, not sure why...I know a lot of them are posts from bawanna, so maybe it's something to do with just his general nature...

As a side note, my work has policy about avoiding the filters and all, so if they block it, I wouldn't try to get around it.

chrish
11-11-2013, 07:55 PM
They must have read some of ol' jocko's post...

that sentence doesn't even make any sense, unless maybe a bit on the philosophical side...you know, read the unreadable and all...

garyb
11-12-2013, 09:11 AM
I can't remember the exact terminology but if I'm at work I can get on the website but when I try to actually open a thread to read it I get a message that says my access is being restricted because of adult material, or something to that effect.

This is the only firearms website that does this when I attempt to access it at work....

Any ideas?

Yea, leave it alone. I ran a large company before I retired. There are good reasons to restrict computer use. Just sayin. You can use your Iphone. Did you try that?