PDA

View Full Version : Finally got to shoot it!

Chief Joseph
09-16-2009, 10:24 AM
After owning my PM9 since April, I finally got to shoot it. A buddy of mine and I went out into the Tillamook forest and did some shooting. I put about 250-300 rounds through my PM9 and about 150-200 through my S&W Sigma 9ve. My friend brought his new Kimber pro carry 2 .45 and a Barretta 9mm. No hiccups with my PM9. Shot Winchester white box fmj, Remington JHP, Blazer brass and aluminum and a magazine each of Double Tap's 147g +p FMJ hunting ammo, quite a kick on those I'll tell you, got 2 boxes, one to shoot and one to keep to use when camping. Only on one round did it fail to enter the barrel and I had to pop it below the handle, but it popped right in. Would have loved to try some good defense ammo in it, but none of the stores around here have had any in stock in months. The only hollow points I have found were 2 boxes of the Remington's. Not ideal, but all I could find. My only other issue, from shooting so many rounds I guess, was I wore a sore into my thumb knuckle and a cut on my finger from the sharp edges of the kahr magazine. Next time, not so many rounds I'm thinking. I have to admit, my friends Kimber was fun to shoot. You just won't find me forking out 1200 bucks for a pistol.

500KV
09-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Good report Chief.
They are fine little guns aren't they?
I have a Kimber Ultra Carry, kinda plain Jane but it is a shooter. Gobbles up everything and a great carry gun. Never a problem with it.

border bandit32
09-16-2009, 04:13 PM
My PM9 rocks!!