PDA

View Full Version : Bought a used TP 45 today

AIRret
12-13-2013, 04:02 PM
On our way to the Nasa Museum (Houston, TX) we stopped at a local gun store, we never made it to the museum! Maybe we'll make it to the Museum on another day.
Anyway, this was the first time I've been able to get a TP 45 in my hand.
Lord have mercy, the gun felt like a custom fit, which is a huge deal for me.
On many guns grip and trigger reach are an issue, but not with the TP 45.
Enough gushing!
It's a lightly used gun (the fire pin area shows very little wear) and it has a crimson trace laser (I don't have a laser on any of my guns so this will be interesting). I paid $560, I'm ashamed to say that I'm not sure if that was a good or bad price but I loved the gun and went with my heart.
I can easily hide my Xdm 5.25 so the TP should be fine, I can't wait to carry the
TP 45.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to shoot the gun for awhile since it has to be transferred from Texas to my FFL in Michigan.

A new (to me) gun!!!!…..Now I have another reason to love Texas

berettabone
12-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Congrats....................it's always nice to find a new toy, and a lot of times, it happens when you least expect it. Not much into lasers myself, but you should have fun......with the laser, I think you did good on the price.

VN Vet
12-13-2013, 04:36 PM
I know how you feel. I held a TP45 in my hand but did not buy it at the time. MY LGS got another one in a couple months later. I bought it. Period.

My TP45 is my CCW for the Winter Season. I like my Glocks alot, but I love my Kahrs: the K40 Covert and the TP45.

You did good, my TP45 Friend.

jocko
12-13-2013, 04:42 PM
big score,u just don't see many used TP of anything.

AIRret
12-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Thanks folks, I'm excited!
Now comes the hard part, finding a holster!
Since being on the forum I've put all the suggested holster companies on my favorites list.
However, I've promised myself I would shoot the gun before I bought a holster (I wonder if that will last lol).
We are flying home for the holidays and doctor appointments (see what age does) so it
won't be too long before I get my hands on my TP45.

jocko
12-13-2013, 04:59 PM
for sure shoot it, and for sure IMO I would treatit like a new gun and do allthe prep work statedon this forum. WHY NOT. why take a chanceon goin out andsending althat time to do so and then have issues that just maybe u could havecaught before hand. Personaly I would think ur confidencelevel would be much higher even knowing you did all the things mentioned in prepping a new gun.Not like it ia an 8 hour job either.

Nice gun no doubt, just make it nicer for that first shoot IMO.. Just sayin

AIRret
12-13-2013, 05:16 PM
for sure shoot it, and for sure IMO I would treatit like a new gun and do allthe prep work statedon this forum. WHY NOT. why take a chanceon goin out andsending althat time to do so and then have issues that just maybe u could havecaught before hand. Personaly I would think ur confidencelevel would be much higher even knowing you did all the things mentioned in prepping a new gun.Not like it ia an 8 hour job either.

Nice gun no doubt, just make it nicer for that first shoot IMO.. Just sayin

I absolutely agree with you Jocko…that's kind of scary (just teasing). I took the gun apart at the GS and whom ever owned it before really greased up the insides!!!! The grease sure doesn't look like what was on my PM9 when it was new. Hmmm, maybe he/she never prepped it correctly and that is the color of the grease after 200 rounds.?.? Could be the reason they got rid of it. Who knows, I don't care I'm just glad I found it!