PDA

View Full Version : Florida Gun Store, Sarasota

Bill
02-06-2014, 07:52 PM
New here and hope this is allowed. Just bought a Kahr P380 from Shark Coast Tactical in Sarasota. New store. Not only did they hunt down a P380-Black, for me but then gave me a killer price. They are on Face Book and have a web page. I guess the headline here is that they are more than willing to take a special order and work for your business. Rare in a Local Gun Store.

AIRret
02-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Congratulations on the new gun.

And I don't think anyone has an issue with "naming" a GS that is customer friendly.
We're here to help each other, and in my opinion a lead on a good GS falls in that category!

I don't live in FL but those who do would probably thank you.

Bill
02-07-2014, 08:13 PM
I shopped this gun for a long while. Couldn't find a store that would even take my phone number. Unwilling to even "keep an eye out". Saw the silver stainless a couple times but no Black. Then I met this guy at a gun show and he didn't even blink. "Sure, I'll find you one." it took a while but he came through. He also gave me a good price on a Colt 6920. I had never been around an AR before but they answered the questions and helped me fill in the gaps without talking down to me. I can not say enough about them.

AIRret
02-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Great Bill,
My PM9 is all black with night sights.
Not all my guns are black, but that is what I prefer. Why show the bad guy what is coming.
I do appreciate a beautiful gun, but then again I'm more into function!

Bill
02-08-2014, 02:23 AM
AIRret,
I usually favor stainless but for concealed, pocket actually, carry I went with your 'keep em in the dark' philosophy. I like the smaller Kahrs in Black for some reason over the two-tone silver over black polymer anyway but I have an older Beretta 92fs in stainless with wood grips that is the prettiest gun I have ever seen. :)

Bawanna
02-08-2014, 09:57 AM
Welcome Bill and good gun shop tips are always welcome, good for them, and good for us.

As to the black versus stainless versus Jeepster (hate to single out the green folks) I'm all about looking cool. I generally prefer stainless, easier to deal with if I do a mod, easier to fix if I scratch it.
Some guns do however look better in basic black. And of course unlike a shirt matching your britches or a tie (heaven forbid) matching a shirt, gun coordination with ones wardrobe is vitally important.

I don't much care if I surprise the bad guy or not, I rather relish the idea that they might see it coming and have an a ha moment prior to their trip to the other side.
I have one officer that insisted on black magazines rather than better stainless ones, he's all about the sneaky, sneaky.

Stick with what looks cool and cool is for sure in the eyes of the beholder, what's cool to me might suck to you and/or vice versa so you can't go wrong.

b4uqzme
02-08-2014, 12:50 PM
I'm just not into the two tone look. All black, all stainless, or all green is OK with me. And some guns look better in a certain color as you've noted. Glad you joined us Bill.

wyntrout
02-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Not quite a year ago, I bought a Ruger MK3 22/45 Lite from them at a local gun show... marked $450, but got it for $400 CASH OTD including call and tax. That was an outstanding deal at the time. Shooters wanted $499.99 ++. Cash really can get you a good deal sometimes.

Wynn:)

WMac19
02-08-2014, 02:50 PM
Very glad you found a great store, no such luck near me. :-(

My PM9 is two-tone and I like it just fine but my PM40 is my preferred all black with night-sights.

muggsy
02-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Since the perp is only going to see the gun for a fraction of second before the flash I can't see where the finish of the gun is that much of a concern to the outcome of the encounter. I see this more as a personal preference of the gun owner. Me I'm not fussy. I just want the gun to go bang.

Bill
02-11-2014, 08:52 AM
Not quite a year ago, I bought a Ruger MK3 22/45 Lite from them at a local gun show... marked $450, but got it for $400 CASH OTD including call and tax. That was an outstanding deal at the time. Shooters wanted $499.99 ++. Cash really can get you a good deal sometimes.

Wynn:)
"Shooters" wears me out with those scooters they ride up and down the row at the gun shows. Pretentious is a word that come to mind. Shark Coast on the other hand has cute babes in tight jeans and if I had to pick...

berettabone
03-16-2014, 10:23 AM
I prefer the two tone myself.................like someone else mentioned..........nothing wrong with looking good, right before you shoot them.............:)

picrthis
01-30-2016, 07:17 AM
"Shooters" wears me out with those scooters they ride up and down the row at the gun shows. Pretentious is a word that come to mind. Shark Coast on the other hand has cute babes in tight jeans and if I had to pick...
I'm with you, can't stand that idiot on the Segway running constantly back & forth totting his over-loud horn, I usual just walk pass them, generally overpriced anyway. Yep the babe's in tight jeans gets my attention too and if they have a good deal, well it's a bonus then :) Palmetto here I come

picrthis
01-30-2016, 07:22 AM
I found offering cold hard ca$h even at my local gun shop gets me 10%+ so that's an average deal to me, at least in my area dealers ARE willing to drop their price on the fly as soon as you say, if I pay you in ca$h can you do better on the price, the only thing they've ever asked was do you have a CCW so we can complete the sale out the door right now? Yep let's wrap it up! :)

jeepster09
02-07-2016, 07:39 AM
Black guns matter....as well as all colors. :third:

Scrambler
02-08-2016, 05:51 AM
Black guns matter....as well as all colors. :third:
http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13383&stc=1Gun show buy. Money supports youth hunting programs.