PDA

View Full Version : MK9 Trigger Spring fell off!

webb3201
05-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Picked up a lovely used Mk9 this week and put my first 200 rounds down range with no issues at all. I came home to clean the pistol and decided to remove the grips and wipe it all down. I somehow managed to knock off the trigger spring....and of course have no idea how to replace the thing. Is this something that is easily done or am I up for a trip to a gunsmith (or Kahr)?

Bawanna
05-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Trigger spring or trigger bar spring?, the one just inside the grips? Can't imagine accidently knockin off the trigger spring.
I think theres a schematic under the owners manual section of this site that will show that spring. I don't recall if it shows clearly the attachment points but should show the general idea. It shouldn't be difficult to reinstall yourself. I don't have a steel Kahr here today but perhaps someone could post a picture of that side with the grip off so you can see how it interacts.
Or a good on line schematic. If not I'll get one tonight when I get home.

webb3201
05-26-2010, 12:08 PM
yeah...sorry its the trigger bar spring. The bad thing is I did not notice until reassembling the pistol. Unfortunately I can't disassemble the thing!

Bawanna
05-26-2010, 12:22 PM
yeah...sorry its the trigger bar spring. The bad thing is I did not notice until reassembling the pistol. Unfortunately I can't disassemble the thing!

You'll just have to pull that right side grip off again and use your finger for a trigger bar spring to get it back apart. Just do the normal take down routine but when it comes time to pull the trigger you'll have to put upward pressure on that trigger bar so the trigger can communicate. Should drop the striker and the slide will slip off normal. Then you just gotta get that spring back in place. I see it in my head but don't know how to tell you what I see? We need a picture here.
You have the spring, it didn't fly to parts unknown?

Bawanna
05-26-2010, 12:34 PM
The schematics in the owners manual show the spring but not how it looks installed as I thought. The end with the tight little bend craddles the trigger bar towards the front. There should be a notch or a hole to stick the straighter back end. Its similar to a Beretta, on those I hold the back and pop the front in, on the Kahr it looks like that might be reversed cradle and hold the front and pop in the back but I've not play with one much so I'm just trying to make a guess. Wish mine was here to play with, feel like I'm letting you down. Hope some of the smarter folks here jump in and save the day for ya.

webb3201
05-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the help...I was able to disassemble. The confusing thing is that the silly schematic looks like the spring is reversed from the actual installation position. I cant quite figure out how it should be set. Hopefully someone can take me a pic of the way it sits.

jocko
05-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the help...I was able to disassemble. The confusing thing is that the silly schematic looks like the spring is reversed from the actual installation position. I cant quite figure out how it should be set. Hopefully someone can take me a pic of the way it sits.

I don't want to scent to much:D

webb3201
05-26-2010, 12:56 PM
thanks Jocko. You can send to my email also :webb3201@mac.com!

webb3201
05-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Aargh..Thanks Jocko, I am really close now thanks to your PM. I would love to see a pic of someones working MK9 showing how the spring sits. I think I have it but I am not sure.

webb3201
05-26-2010, 01:38 PM
ok, reassembled following Jock's good instructions. The pistol will now dry fire and seems to be working normally. Finger crossed that all goes well at the range. Thanks all for the help.

Bawanna
05-26-2010, 02:01 PM
ok, reassembled following Jock's good instructions. The pistol will now dry fire and seems to be working normally. Finger crossed that all goes well at the range. Thanks all for the help.

You should be good to go if its staying in place and dry firing. It's one of those it works or it don't deals. I have lots of horror stories about Beretta's that the guys knocked out their trigger bar springs on. Walk around on duty for a month before they realize their gun don't work.
Thanks Jocko for once again saving my backside and coming through with the right solution.

webb3201
05-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Great...and thanks to you as well B, you got me half way there!

jocko
05-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Great...and thanks to you as well B, you got me half way there!

good think about Bawanna, he is always half way there in the first place, so for him it is always a shorter trip:D Oops, there I go again "scenting":75: but he is right, if you got it together and it works, then it is on correctly. there is no mid way, halfway part , It works or it doesn't.

Just remember to keep that right side grip tight always or you will get system failure and it is due to the trigger bar moving out of its proper slot..

Part of my cleaning process wiith my K9 is to ALWAYS check the grips screws on the RIGHT SIDE...

rholmes69
05-26-2010, 09:42 PM
I was off site for a couple days, if you still need a pic, reply. I can post one up quick.