PDA

View Full Version : Carry Options.....

Camokid
06-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Hey guys, new to the site. I have had my CCW permit for about 7 yrs now. Over the past 7 years i have been frustrated by my concealed carry options. By surfing this site and a couple of other ones i have narrowed my options down to two; 1 being the 5:11 tactical (under armour type) holster t-shirt. The 2nd being the crossbreed mini-tuck. I'm waiting for my 5:11 tactical shirt to arrive this week. I would like to try the mini-tuck but i think i'll have to buy a couple of new pairs of jeans seeing how i'm a country boy and feel most comfortable in my wranglers which have a tendancy to be a little snug:2eek:. Any thoughts or feed back on these 2 options would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

bps3040
06-02-2010, 05:26 AM
I have had the Mini Tuck for a couple weeks and I love it. I have been carrying appendix, but it conceals great at 3:30 also. Very comfy.
I have had a Crossbreed Supertuck for a couple years and loved it...the Mini Tuck is better. Hope this helps.

QuietMan
06-02-2010, 07:21 AM
Can't really go wrong with Crossbreed especially with the 2 week trial period...I have had a ST for a couple years now for my XD9 and just ordered one for my CW9. Since I tend to sweat alot I went the extra for horsehide and it has held up even with planting food plots in June.
Good Luck!

DKD
06-02-2010, 08:44 AM
Try loose cut and or the new jeans they make with an elastic waste band to go along with the traditional belt loops....works well for me.

By the way what is the 5/11 tees your talking about?

recoilguy
06-02-2010, 01:07 PM
I wear a holster very similar to the Minintuck here (http://www.jndtactical.com) and I wear Wranglers. Never had a problem holds the gun snug and is comfy all day long!

RCG

Bawanna
06-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Try loose cut and or the new jeans they make with an elastic waste band to go along with the traditional belt loops....works well for me.

By the way what is the 5/11 tees your talking about?

Holster Shirt? | Tops | 5.11 Tactical (http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/Law-Enforcement/511-Undergear/Tops/Holster-Shirt/D/30100/P/1:100:10000:10800:10801/I/40011)

I plan to try one in the future myself. Looks like a good concept and I've heard positive things about them. I have not seen one in person yet.

jlottmc
06-02-2010, 05:34 PM
I've seen one, but haven't done anything with it. I wear jeans all the time (except at work then my uniform pants fit the same), I carry at about 5-6 o'clock (depends on the day) with usually a full sized pistol tucked in with the shirt. No problems, and I didn't buy my jeans any bigger. Some say to get them 2" bigger if you plan to carry a gun, but where I carry, it takes advantage of a natural space that would other wise be wasted.

Bawanna
06-02-2010, 05:46 PM
I tossed the CC to the wind and ordered one of the 511 holster T shirts this afternoon. Per Jocko's advice I went to the NRA store and they were like 38 bucks till you get to the XXL size then they are 42 as I recall. Anyhow most other places I looked they were like 50 or so.
I ordered white so I can wear under a uniform shirt (big brother don't allow no sand flea shirts). I plan to order a black one for kicking around on weekends, and to help show or possibly hide the fact that I'm not really a racist pig and hopefully not show dirt so bad too.
I'll post a report in a week or so when it arrives. I have high hopes. 50 bones for a undershirt is pushing reality to the limit but 511 does make quality stuff even if it is shipped on a boat, not a shrimp boat but a really big boat.