PDA

View Full Version : UltraDot Pan A/V -- Please share your experience

techiede44
05-18-2014, 01:22 PM
Yes, I know another red dot thread.

What I'm looking for is some real-world experience using this sight. not looking for "...it looks just like the $30 xxx sight..." or someone I knew had one and...I'd like real feedback from actual users.

Primary uses for me will be speed steel mounted on a Ruger Mark III. I wouldn't mind hearing about experience with it on a 9mm or a 45acp pistol. Not really interested in how it works (or not) on shotguns, AR's or Deagles (FYI - I own a Deagle but wouldn't dream of putting any kind of red dot on it).

Looking for fast target acquisition (old eyes), reliability (holds zero) and durability (I shoot about 400 rounds/month).

Also, anything that you'd like to share regarding whether you would buy this one again or something else would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to your feedback!

garyb
05-18-2014, 04:29 PM
Are you talking about...for competition?

techiede44
05-19-2014, 06:57 AM
Yes.

garyb
05-22-2014, 02:00 PM
Never used one, but have seen and looked through one on an IPSC gun (if I remember correctly). Seemed to look good and would imagine it would work fine for someone with less than optimum vision. They are pricey ($200-250 rangeish) but are probably worth the money. If you have any hesitation, you might want to visit a gun shop and ask to see one or something similar. Some gun shops will order it in and let you review it before you buy. Others will not. It is not something I would want on my gun because I train for CCW. Best of luck to you on your research of this product.