PDA

View Full Version : TP45 Magazine Rattle

Mako
06-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Anybody have a magazine rattle on their TP45? Its my newest Kahr and the only one that both magazine rattles full or empty.:confused:

Bawanna
06-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Anybody have a magazine rattle on their TP45? Its my newest Kahr and the only one that both magazine rattles full or empty.:confused:

Curious to see where this goes. I know nothing about the TP45 but I have numerous dept Glock mags that rattle when filled to capacity. Take out one round and they don't rattle. I've swapped springs, followers, base pads, all kinds of things with no cure. Probably 15 or 20 out of like 200 mags have been brought to me rattling........Almost a bermuda triangle thing, can't figure it out. I issue them to the new recruits, kids love things that rattle. I know I do too.

jlottmc
06-08-2010, 02:22 PM
I have magazines that rattle, the best I've been able to figure is that the rounds shift and the spring binds just a hair, not enough to impede function, but enough to rattle. I usually just push the stack down a hair and let it come up on its own, or unload two or three rounds the reload them.

jocko
06-08-2010, 03:15 PM

when the mag release button is hit the magazine falls very freely, which is what many want.

Bawanna
06-08-2010, 03:23 PM
when the mag release button is hit the magazine falls very freely, which is what many want.

I may be wrong but I think he was referring to the magazine rattling when it's out of the gun. The guys here don't like the ones that rattle in their mag pouches, can't sneak up on the aliens, I mean bad guys except the ones like me that can't hear a jet engine at 10 ft.

jocko
06-08-2010, 03:39 PM
oops,

Bawanna
06-08-2010, 03:45 PM
oops,

Jocko says oops? This ain't right. It wasn't an oops, it was a miscommunication and it was all makos fault for not being more clear, if that doesn't fly blame it on that punk bawanna. Probably just scenting anyhow. Dang leech!

jlottmc
06-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Damn derelicts... *Sniff*Sniff*

Mako
06-09-2010, 01:11 PM
I have magazines that rattle, the best I've been able to figure is that the rounds shift and the spring binds just a hair, not enough to impede function, but enough to rattle. I usually just push the stack down a hair and let it come up on its own, or unload two or three rounds the reload them.

It worked! Any idea what the rattle is?

jlottmc
06-10-2010, 12:46 PM
I think that is just the rounds settling in. Kind of like how a house settles on it's foundation. Nothing to worry about, just a bit annoying is all.