PDA

View Full Version : recluse pocket holster for p380

snatch
06-09-2010, 02:00 PM
recluse holsters now has a holster available for the p380. i was told that a pm series holster is in the work. looks like one of the safest ways to carry in your pocket to me. theres a trigger block that prevents the trigger from moving at all. theres also a video on their site that shows how it works. looks pretty nice to me. as soon as the pm series is available ill be buying one. heres a link

Recluse, LLC. :: Products (http://www.recluseholster.com/store.php)

jocko
06-09-2010, 03:42 PM
recluse holsters now has a holster available for the p380. i was told that a pm series holster is in the work. looks like one of the safest ways to carry in your pocket to me. theres a trigger block that prevents the trigger from moving at all. theres also a video on their site that shows how it works. looks pretty nice to me. as soon as the pm series is available ill be buying one. heres a link

Recluse, LLC. :: Products (http://www.recluseholster.com/store.php)

tried of of these. Might just be me but I just don't feel totally at ease with one side of the holster still exposing the trigger system..

Bawanna
06-09-2010, 03:52 PM
tried of of these. Might just be me but I just don't feel totally at ease with one side of the holster still exposing the trigger system..

I mirror your concern also. Also looks like one would want to remove the holster, put the gun in the right spot and then repocket the whole thing. Is that what you do with other pocket holsters? I've never pocket carried so I'm clueless. That slot to hold the trigger just spooks me a bit.

hsart
06-09-2010, 04:26 PM
My sentiments exactly. Though it may not print, the trigger is totally exposed on one side. I am much more concerned with trigger safety than printing in pocket carry.

cgo99
06-09-2010, 07:04 PM
I pocket carry about 80% of the time, I will not feel comfortable with that holster. Like everyone said the exposed side and trigger is deal breaker for me.
And what about the "trigger block" on the "recluse" model; it sends chills down my spine, it feels like an accident waiting to happen :40:.

joshh
06-09-2010, 08:14 PM
i like it. extra mag. is good feature too. my ma compliant pm9 has a safety that is actually a functional feature so it would be ok with this holster. ive been eying this:
http://pocketholsters.com/Kahr_Arms_Pocket_Wallet_Holste/a_KahrRHLH.jpg

snatch
06-10-2010, 03:48 AM
I've never had a pocket holster that I didn't have to pull out to reholster. One side isn't covered because the gun has to pop out of the trigger block. With the trigger block there is absolutley no way you will have any rearward movement of the trigger in your pocket.seems pretty safe to me.plus it seems a lot less bulky than most pocket holsters out there.seems a lot safer than carrying a cocked and locked sig238 in your pocket but that's just my 2 cents

Bawanna
06-10-2010, 09:15 AM
I've never had a pocket holster that I didn't have to pull out to reholster. One side isn't covered because the gun has to pop out of the trigger block. With the trigger block there is absolutley no way you will have any rearward movement of the trigger in your pocket.seems pretty safe to me.plus it seems a lot less bulky than most pocket holsters out there.seems a lot safer than carrying a cocked and locked sig238 in your pocket but that's just my 2 cents

I agree if you normally have to take the holster out to reholster. I thought most people just dropped the gun in and out. Going in with this rig would be a little frightening. Your correct in that the trigger is held in place and couldn't move. I would not carry a cocked and locked anything in my pocket, sig or otherwise.
The bulk should be considerably less as well. Sitting full time, a pocket rig just don't make it for me, you've got the experience edge way over me on this one.

cgo99
06-10-2010, 02:28 PM
I know what you are saying, and you are probably right. It's just that having anything touching inside the trigger guard while pocket carrying goes against everything I've always regarded as safe.
Maybe I'm just been over cautious but I still would not feel comfortable with that rig .

snatch
06-10-2010, 03:26 PM
i guess its all what youre comfortable with. i wouldnt be bothered at all because the trigger cannot in any way move forward or rearword. if you watch the video you can see that the gun has to be "popped" out of the block then slid out of the holster. in my opinion, the trigger block could actually prevent accidental discharges. ive seen to many people draw from a holster with thier finger already on the trigger, wether it be iwb, owb, or pocket. the trigger block would actually prevent you from putting your finger on the trigger until the gun was popped out and drawn. this is kinda like the trigger plug that they made for glocks that youre supposed to push out with your index finger then be able to fire. NOW THAT THING IS SCARY!!! plus it would be super slow. unholster. push out plug. then aim and fire. seems like alot of fine motor skills and concentration involved. the recluse holster combines the block and a holster in one. less things to concentrate on and alot faster to. the block is attatched so u dont have to push it out and the holster actually stays in your pocket. seems alot easier and maybe even a bit safer to me then hoping you catch a hook on your pant leg and your holster stays in. bottom line, everything is subjective to each of us based on our own experiences and comfort level. if i had a p380 id already have one, so ill just have to wait for the pm9 version or sell some crack to afford the p380:D