PDA

View Full Version : T9 and hollow point bullets jamming

Carolinakid
06-16-2014, 04:53 PM
Does the feeding ramp of the barrel need to be polished to keep hollow points from stove piping at the barrel opening? Any particular brand feed well? Thx

kwh
06-16-2014, 05:39 PM
My CW45 feeds all hard ball 100%. Will not feed Federal HST or Speer Gold Dots. CorBon PoweRBall 165 gr. feed 100%. My Colt Officers .45 acp is the same.

FLBri
06-17-2014, 08:32 AM
My T's take a steady diet of PMC for range ammo. Golden Sabres are the usual fare for hollow point, and some gold dots. No problems on any of them.

jocko
06-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Does the feeding ramp of the barrel need to be polished to keep hollow points from stove piping at the barrel opening? Any particular brand feed well? Thx

I know what ol jocko would do.

I would repolish that feed ramp, including the chamer. I would polish under the feed lips of the magazine also. I would change to anutter brand of kdefense ammo to retest, or maybe give the gun anutter100 or so fmj rounds down range. Things just smooth out when the BANG thing happens. U did not state how many round su even had out of the T(. by thge way a super super kahr IMO.

I would bet once the gun smooths out some, that u can go back to that brand that did not work roight and it will be OK. Kahrs are not ammo finicky, but when it happens, just find anutterbrand that works right and stick with it. To many great 9mm round sout ther eto get to worked up about maybe one brand. Just sayin.

Hopefully u have visited the kahr tech section and hit o the propper preppiung of ur kahr thread. Some dandy tips to chgdck out to.

Some kahrs shoot in fater than others, some kahr owners do a real great pre-prep of thier gun befor ethat first trip . The gun anbd owner have to mate up as a team also, so give the gun some more time, with some fmj range fodder and see what happens. Th8is group has alot of knbowledge, so ask questions.:amflag:

Ikeo74
06-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Are any of the hollow points you are having trouble with reloads? If so I can help you to get them to work.

If they are factory ammo, change brands.

laserfish
06-18-2014, 01:14 PM
I use Golden Sabre and have experienced 0 problems. In about 5-600 rounds, have never had a problem feeding or ejecting all kinds of ammo. Polishing the ramp and chamber cannot hurt, so give it a try.

hardluk1
09-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Carolinakid It always helps to say what bullet type or ammo your trying to use. I use mainly speers gd and there bonded unicorn but ztp by several companies run fine to.

Do a better job of describing the issue. Using the slide lock to release the slide , doing it by hand or while firing.

laserfish
09-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Sorry for your problems, but I have never had a problem with any hollow point in mine. Keep shooting, it just gets smoother and better. If you want to polish, as said before, can't hurt.

Barth
10-15-2014, 09:05 PM
Sorry for your problems, but I have never had a problem with any hollow point in mine. Keep shooting, it just gets smoother and better. If you want to polish, as said before, can't hurt.

+1
What's the round count?
My MK40 Elite would choke on HPs for the first 200 rounds regularly.
The next 200 off and on continually getting better.
After that it's 100% with anything.
Including Speer GDHP Short Barrel 180 gr.
IMHO - that's kind of like the modern flying ashtray of 40 S&W.

O'Dell
10-15-2014, 09:38 PM
I've found the Golden Sabers will work in most guns that may be finicky with HP's.

Carolinakid
10-30-2014, 03:06 PM
I bought it used so round count there is unknown. Probably not enough downrange to smooth things out. I think I was trying Federal Critical Defense ammo (it's been a while). Love the gun...just want it to be dependable.

hardluk1
10-31-2014, 07:10 AM
I do read from time to time that people have problems with CD ammo. I have not tried that one.

I had to think back as to what HP's I have shot. I tend to stay with speer gold dots or more often the bonded unicorn hp they sell to other ammo companies. I know I have run some XTP thru it as I found part of a box of them from underwood mixed in with the other box's of speer hp from them .

If the CD ammo chambers well may be a little extra grip while at the range can help!! Nitrile coated gloves will make the grip control a non-issue for a while.

Is the pistol reliable with FMJ ammo?? If it will not run reliably with something like Remington express or umc , magtech , lawman THEN you have an issue and let kahr give it some TLC. Also it always good to let a trusted friend give it a try on there own.