PDA

View Full Version : www.rangerfirearmtraining.com

AIRret
06-18-2014, 11:58 AM
We like to take at least one firearms class every year and this year has been a challenge. My Mother In Law (great Lady) needs 24/7 care so we are very busy!

Anyway, the only class we could fit into our schedule was a Tactical Handgun I
class, conducted by Ranger Firearms training. We thought the class might be too basic but the course description promised more. Therefore, with limited
options we decided to go ahead.

To put it simply the course was well worth the time and expense ($150 for 8 hours).

Our main interest was in "point shooting" and the topic was well covered.
And we learned a lot.

The course also involved many drills (about half were new to us) that were interesting and valuable.
The thrust of the course was:
Shooting under pressure
malfunctions, and
Shooting under physical stress (elevated heart rate and timed shooting).

The instructors were both former Army Rangers, and after a while both became snipers. Currently they are both LEO's. One is in charge of a swat team in
Ferndale Michigan and the other is still in the Army Reserves and trains snipers.

Hopefully, we will be able to take Tactical Handgun II in the future!

Conclusion: never stop training!!

garyb
06-28-2014, 07:14 AM
So True....never stop training.

RRP
06-29-2014, 05:56 AM
Like AIRret, my wife and I also like to train with professionals each year, and because I wasn't familiar with this company, I turned to the Web for more information.

In case anyone else is interested, the correct URL is: http://rangerfirearminstruction.com/

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the training, AIRret. These guys appear to limit their courses to the Michigan area, but if they take their show on the road, I would train with them. Very reasonably priced.