PDA

View Full Version : Recent forum upgrades

warbird1
06-30-2014, 09:03 AM
Love the new look and how much smoother everything is working. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

johnh
06-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Thank you for the kind words!

Love the new look and how much smoother everything is working. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

leftysixty
06-30-2014, 10:11 PM
I will repeat in case you missed it.

THE PRINT IN THE ACTUAL POST NEEDS TO BE DARKER. PLEASE!

The bright colors around said posts cause the post to "grey out"

My eyes have been checked, I'm not going blind! :biggrin1:

TucsonMTB
06-30-2014, 11:38 PM
I will repeat in case you missed it.

THE PRINT IN THE ACTUAL POST NEEDS TO BE DARKER. PLEASE!

The bright colors around said posts cause the post to "grey out"

My eyes have been checked, I'm not going blind! :biggrin1:
Although I can read the posts here fairly well, I find that increasing the font size using the browser font controls makes it easier when I am tired.

For most browsers, holding down a [Cntl] key and tapping the [+] key will increase the size of all the text, making reading much easier. You can also reduce the size by holding down a [Cntl] key and tapping the [-] key.

Oh, and don't worry about making permanent changes, to return to the original defaults all that is required is that you hold down a [Cntl] key and tap the [0] key. That's the zero key, by the way.

Increasing the size makes the print appear darker because there are more dark pixels on the screen. That's a good thing!

I hope this helps make your reading easier, sir!

RRP
07-01-2014, 03:37 AM
leftysixty,

The text is not washing out on my screen. In fact, it looks just fine to my aging eyes. You may want to try increasing the contrast on your display settings. Or, increase font size as has been previously suggested--or do both. Either way, it's an easy fix from your end.

Bawanna
07-01-2014, 08:54 AM
Wow, I just tried the ctrl/+ thingy and it actually worked. And it works good. Mikey Likey!
I'm putting Tucson on my list of smart people. There's two now, both in AZ. Seems to be a pattern here.

JohnR
07-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Looks good, but re-Tapatalk it, please. :yo:

Bawanna
07-01-2014, 03:46 PM
I notice the CM advertisements went away which really helped alot in navigation. I didn't mind the adds but it required scrolling down to see the results of your choices.

The red seems a little darker too although I don't do good with colors.

I'm liking it myself. I thought the Tapatalk thing was addressed and working again. I don't tapatalk, but I know many folks who actually have lives use it frequently.

ripley16
07-01-2014, 05:00 PM
It's better now without the giant ad.

JohnR
07-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Tapatalk is working. Yaay!

leftysixty
07-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the response! Bigger does in fact make it easier to read, and is an acceptable fix.

I do have medical records to prove the brain damage :der::crazy:

No worries, we're good :biggrin1::biggrin1:

TucsonMTB
07-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Wow! An accolade from Bawanna and LeftySixty seems happy. Life is good! :D

Thank you for the positive feedback, gentlemen.

Bawanna
07-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Accolade? I'll have to look that up and see if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

getsome
07-02-2014, 10:48 AM
I think Accolade is KoolAid with Vodka added, may be wrong but whatever....I like the look much better without the giant CM ad and other than having trouble signing in sometimes things seem to be Ok...Sometimes I get the message "thanks for signing in getsome" and it takes me back to the screen I was on but I wont be signed in and have to back out to the main screen to get in but thats no big deal....

Thanks Tucson for the Control + deal, that really helps....Someday I'm gonna learn about these puters....:crazy:...Not

Bawanna
07-02-2014, 11:24 AM
I've heard the secret to puters is the grip. I've never played before so I don't know much about it. Hitting a stupid little ball and then going to look for it just never made a lick of sense to me atall.

Pointblank
07-03-2014, 04:46 AM
I love the Forum, but hate the new look with all the red. It looks like a menu in a Chinese restaurant now.

muggsy
07-03-2014, 06:06 AM
Golf is just another outdoor shooting sport. You're trying to hit a very small target from a very great distance. I consider it a great round if I don't break any clubs over my knee or take the Lord's name in vain. Very relaxing way to take out your aggression on an inanimate object. To gain distance I had a picture of Obama imprinted on each ball. :)

muggsy
07-03-2014, 06:11 AM
I love the Forum, but hate the new look with all the red. It looks like a menu in a Chinese restaurant now.

+1 Point Blank

OldLincoln
07-03-2014, 02:30 PM
I like it the new format, but if you change the borders, please do not change it to international orange! Specifically I like the date of the original post and that the mark forums read works from the new post thread search. Thank you John.

Bawanna
07-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Where ya been Old Lincoln. You been really quiet for quite a long spell. I'd like to see a little more action on your end if that works for you. Hows the missus doing?

OldLincoln
07-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Thanks Bawanna. Wife is hanging tough and I'm there with her so we're doing okay. I think I've figured out why time seems to go so fast as we age. It's not so much time is moving fast, just that we are moving half fast. It takes me forever to do anything so it feels like I'm always busy. But not complaining. Life is good. I don't do forums like I used to or I may take a peek once in a while to see if y'all are still kickin. Just took a notion today and posted a couple.

muggsy
07-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Don't be such a stranger. You've been kinda like the missing Linc lately. I especially missed you. There ain't many on this site that are older than me. Glad you're still kickin.

SlowBurn
07-04-2014, 07:25 AM
I think Sometimes I get the message "thanks for signing in getsome" and it takes me back to the screen I was on but I wont be signed in and have to back out to the main screen to get in but thats no big deal..

Try clearing your cache (delete browsing history) -usually cures that type of glitch.

ParrotHead
07-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Awesome!

jeepster09
07-16-2014, 07:45 PM
I find forum not as user friendly anymore. It used to be after reading a thread you could click a link at bottom of page and go back to main page with all the forum choices on it. Maybe it's me...but now you can't do that and it is a lot more awkward to go back and look at other pages. I find myself clicking off the forum more now after reading only one thread.

b4uqzme
07-16-2014, 08:40 PM
I find forum not as user friendly anymore. It used to be after reading a thread you could click a link at bottom of page and go back to main page with all the forum choices on it. Maybe it's me...but now you can't do that and it is a lot more awkward to go back and look at other pages. I find myself clicking off the forum more now after reading only one thread.

I just scroll back to the top then click "Forum" or "New Posts". May be that will help.

Bawanna
07-16-2014, 09:37 PM
Theres still the Top button very bottom right like before. I always forget it and scroll back to the top and new post but its quicker with the top button.

TucsonMTB
07-16-2014, 09:37 PM
I guess everyone has their own way of using forums. From the main page, or wherever the list of messages is located, I usually [Cntl] Click the message of interest to open it in a new browser Tab. If there are several in the list, the result is several Tabs, each with a message of interest, in addition to the original page still showing the list of messages.

Clicking on a Tab makes it easy to read the message. Once a message is read, the Tab may just get closed or not, depending on my interest.

It seems like every forum has a different approach to displaying their content. For me, this approach works with all of them.

Yeah . . . YMMV ;)

I am still struggling with search. It seems as if when you ask for posts by a particular person it only shows you post started by that person . . . WTF??

RRP
07-17-2014, 03:25 AM
Has traffic on this site declined significantly?

When I click on "New Posts" or "Today's Posts", I am seeing far less activity than I used to--less than one page of threads where a similar search returned 2 or 3 pages of results last winter.

Maybe it's the season.

Bawanna
07-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Always busier in the winter. Summer everyone is out and about, traveling, lucky ones riding Harleys, not so lucky riding lawnmowers. Does seem a bit slow. I'm on vacation with frustrating slow internet so not stirring the pot much.

Tilos
07-17-2014, 09:39 PM
Theres still the Top button very bottom right like before. I always forget it and scroll back to the top and new post but its quicker with the top button.
The Home button, on the keyboard, will take you back to the top of the page from anywhere, without the need to scroll to the bottom :confused:

:cool:

downtownv
07-18-2014, 03:07 AM
Thank you for the kind words!

It's the content quality and the people, not the colors size etc.
I think Johnh and the Mods are great and I thank them for the time and effort they put in to make this happen.
Thanks ALL!

Have a Cigar on Me (monte cristi #2's torpedo tip Cubans)