PDA

View Full Version : Super Tight SLide Stop Pin CT 9

Blackhawk83
08-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Sitting at 225 flawless rounds through my latest purchase the Kahr CT9 and absolutely loving the gun but this slide stop is so fricking tight. Anyone else experiencing similar circumstances. I have seen thread on slide stop modification but nothing that addresses this.

gb6491
08-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Sitting at 225 flawless rounds through my latest purchase the Kahr CT9 and absolutely loving the gun but this slide stop is so fricking tight. Anyone else experiencing similar circumstances. I have seen thread on slide stop modification but nothing that addresses this.
Mess with success, do not.
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/129fs238648.gif

leftysixty
08-18-2014, 06:07 PM
My CW40 has 'bout 3,000 rounds down the pipe. It has always had a tight slide lock pin. I like it that way. A lot depends on a good fit of that pin. Way better too snug than too loose.

It takes a coupl'a seconds longer to field strip, so what! Just say'n YMMV.

Enjoy your pistola, not to worry.

xtnomad
08-18-2014, 06:33 PM
My CT9 now has just over 200 rounds and the pin is hard to release and remove. I perfer it that way and it might losen in the future but I would rather it stay how it is. This is my country carry peace (4 wheeler, jeep ect.) and love the single stack, weight and fit in hand, now I just need to find the right holster for it.

Blackhawk83
08-19-2014, 07:24 PM
me too xtnomad. Using uncle mikes pancake #12 at this time but really want kydex holster. Just not sure which one.

DavidS
08-19-2014, 07:56 PM
My CT9 now has just over 200 rounds and the pin is hard to release and remove. I perfer it that way and it might losen in the future but I would rather it stay how it is. This is my country carry peace (4 wheeler, jeep ect.) and love the single stack, weight and fit in hand, now I just need to find the right holster for it.
I bought one of these for OWB carry around our place in the country. Might be of interest to you if country carry involves dirt and debris and you are looking for a little added protection.
http://barsony-holsters-and-belts.webstorepowered.com/Barsony-Flap-Holster-Compact-Pistols/dp/B00LH0W96U

hardluk1
08-20-2014, 09:57 AM
I have a cm9 and cw9 that you can ease the pin right when ready to break it down. My tp40 after 1000 rounds is one tight sucker. I push down on something hard for that first 1/8th inch and then it comes out ok. . That's fine with me. Shoot it, don't worthy about it.

xtnomad
08-20-2014, 05:00 PM
I bought one of these for OWB carry around our place in the country. Might be of interest to you if country carry involves dirt and debris and you are looking for a little added protection.
http://barsony-holsters-and-belts.webstorepowered.com/Barsony-Flap-Holster-Compact-Pistols/dp/B00LH0W96U

Just what I am looking for and a great price too. Thank You.

muggsy
08-21-2014, 09:32 AM
The same spring that holds the slide lock down also holds the slide lock in. You could play around with the spring adjustment, but I'd leave well enough alone. If the gun is functioning properly, don't fix what ain't broke.

70CM9
08-29-2014, 12:50 PM
Me, I've had a concern with the Kahr polymer lineup since I owned my CW45. The slide stop spring screw on it was loose. I had noticed that the slide stop was easy to remove when I went to clean it, but didn't think much about it. However, when you shoot magazine after magazine and have to pop the slide stop back into place every few rounds, it has a tendency to make you start to investigate things.

That's when I looked and discovered that the screw holding the slide stop spring in place threads directly into the polymer of the frame (yikes!). I was able to tighten the screw judiciously and have the slide stop no longer try to jump out of the gun when firing, but that screw going into polymer just doesn't sit well with me at all.

Since the OP's is tight, I'll go along with the rest and say leave well enough alone. Be grateful it's tight, given how it's secured...

BucketBack
08-29-2014, 02:26 PM
I noticed the CT40 at the LGS was very tight,but it felt OK.
OK enough to order one for $217.99 shipped,with a $25 transfer. $242.99 for a gun the LGS wanted $349.99 + %6 MI state tax.

forestranger
08-29-2014, 03:48 PM
You got a deal!

sas PM9
08-30-2014, 10:16 AM

BH83:

It WILL loosen up more as your shot numbers go up.
My PM9 was so snug that I had to use a plastic handle of a stubby screwdriver to tap the slide stop pin out up until the round count was ~1000.
Now at ~1400 I can use my finger to push it out; still have to use a very firm push- but doable.

HTH.

-steve

jocko
08-30-2014, 10:21 AM
if ur referring to the slide stop being har d to come out, then IMO live with it, It will loosed up a tad but it is not designed to be loose as a goose eithert. It would then work its way oput and befor eu know it u have a really jammed up go. U can easity tap the little protrussion on the right side of the frame and the slide stop will pop right out, or as most said here, shoot it andit will looses up a tad, . One empty brass will also ull that l3ver right out to..

CJB
08-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Slide stop hase a groove in it which the slide stop spring interacts with to provide tension to keep the slide stop from walking out.