PDA

View Full Version : Extractor issues with my new p380

JoeMB
06-19-2010, 03:29 PM
I just purchased a new p380 and fired 150 rounds of Remmington 95 grain FMJ rounds through it and I had quite a few malfunctions. I am a LEO and was quite supprised by the amount of stovepipes, and ftf issues I had. I have owned numerous handguns in a variety of calibers and never had this many issues. Several times the spent casing actually slid into the extractor requiring me to drop the magazine, lock the slide to the rear and pry it out. Has anyone experienced these issues? Also the point of impact seemed to be about 3 inches lower then my point of aim. I usually carry a XD40 sub comp for my off duty hours and have never had any of the issues I did my first time out with the Kahr. Anyone have any similar point of impact issues?

Bawanna
06-19-2010, 08:14 PM
I just purchased a new p380 and fired 150 rounds of Remmington 95 grain FMJ rounds through it and I had quite a few malfunctions. I am a LEO and was quite supprised by the amount of stovepipes, and ftf issues I had. I have owned numerous handguns in a variety of calibers and never had this many issues. Several times the spent casing actually slid into the extractor requiring me to drop the magazine, lock the slide to the rear and pry it out. Has anyone experienced these issues? Also the point of impact seemed to be about 3 inches lower then my point of aim. I usually carry a XD40 sub comp for my off duty hours and have never had any of the issues I did my first time out with the Kahr. Anyone have any similar point of impact issues?

The low impacts are heard of quite often when these guns are shot for the first time. I believe it's getting used to the long trigger pull. It isn't really a new shooter issue but more a new Kahr shooter in that even experienced shooters seem to hit low at first.
This is not to garantee you don't possibly have a sight issue. One fella on another thread just discovered that when he wore glasses he shot low, with out them he shot right on. Have to work thru the variables. Have another shooter try it, see what the groups are like.
From your description it's hard to say on the extracting issue. I'm assuming you meant the cartridge slid back into the magazine probably still hooked to the extractor, so the ejector couldn't possibly kick it out........

jlottmc
06-20-2010, 11:23 AM
That sounds like an extractor spring. Just my 2 cents. The low sights could also be a lighter round. Try another couple of magazines through it, if the extraction/ejection problem persists, call Kahr.

JoeMB
06-24-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm good to go now! I played with it a little, cleaned it and lubed it and have not had issues since, I will be having the ramp and chamber polished just for added smoothness but I am very happy with my little weapon now. Not one extractor issue at my last range session, and shot the face off my BG target with ease after figuring out the sights a little better. Thanks for the help.

Joe