PDA

View Full Version : Mini .45

berettabone
10-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Anybody own one of the following???????????? Sig Ultra Carry II..................ATI Titan.............................Metro Arms 1911...........................just want to know what the owners think about them.

yqtszhj
10-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Citadel officer size .45. Works fine. Good slide to frame fit and good trigger.

Forgot to mention it has bawanna grips too.

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o706/yqtszhj/IMG_5282_zps86c0e0a0.jpg

GLOCKROCKER
10-02-2014, 08:39 PM
I don't own any of the one's you mentioned Berreta, but have heard and read good and bad about the Sig Ultras. They are great looking pistols and have some nice features. Kimber makes the Ultra Carry II and would probably be my choice in a 3" barrel .45. I own the Kimber Compact Stainless II which has the compact officers size grip and the commander length (4") barrel. It's one of my favorites, has been 100%, and I shoot it as good or better than anything I own.

CJB
10-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Sorry, I've owned two Colt Officers ACP, a Detonics, and a Springfield "compact" (4" even). All worked great!

Southerngunner
10-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Anybody own one of the following???????????? Sig Ultra Carry II..................ATI Titan.............................Metro Arms 1911...........................just want to know what the owners think about them.

I don't have any of the models you mentioned but I do have a Kimber Tactical Ultra II that has over 3000 trouble free rounds and it is very accurate

O'Dell
10-03-2014, 08:03 AM
I had an ATI Titan for a while. I had a few FTE problems so I sent it back. It work pretty well afterwards, but I sold it anyway.

No experience with the SIG Ultra Carry, but I've had two SIG C3's [4 1/4 inch barrel] it's probably my favorite pistol. It shoots like a FS 1911 and is very pretty besides.

A Kimber UC II was mentioned and I have one. After replacing the "junk" mag that came with it, it's been quite reliable. However, I still like the SIG better.

O'Dell
10-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Sorry, I've owned two Colt Officers ACP, a Detonics, and a Springfield "compact" (4" even). All worked great!

Hey, I didn't know there was another Detonics owner here. I have a 1980 Combat Master that I occasionally carry. It's a bit heavy being all steel, but it's the smallest 45 1911 styled pistol I've seen.

berettabone
10-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Sorry, brain fart...................................I mean't Kimber Ultra carry II........................................

berettabone
10-03-2014, 09:12 AM
I had an ATI Titan for a while. I had a few FTE problems so I sent it back. It work pretty well afterwards, but I sold it anyway.

No experience with the SIG Ultra Carry, but I've had two SIG C3's [4 1/4 inch barrel] it's probably my favorite pistol. It shoots like a FS 1911 and is very pretty besides.

A Kimber UC II was mentioned and I have one. After replacing the "junk" mag that came with it, it's been quite reliable. However, I still like the SIG better.Which mag did you get as a replacement??????????????

O'Dell
10-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Which mag did you get as a replacement??????????????

I got two KimPro Tech mags. It's a shame that they supply a junk mag on a high end pistol, especially when they make a good one.

yqtszhj
10-03-2014, 07:42 PM
I read those Detonics mags may work in a pm45. Anyone know if thats true? CJB???

CJB
10-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Detonics too short for PM45

CPTKILLER
10-04-2014, 07:09 AM
I have a Para Expert Carry.

berettabone
10-04-2014, 10:02 AM
I'm looking at a Springfield Range Officer compact.......................................

jocko
10-04-2014, 01:37 PM
we sold a few of those detonic 45 back years ago, every one I sold had to go back at least once, . They sold by looks back then and size but what few we sold were not reliable, but I also feel that back then owners didn't do any prep to their guns either. BUY UM, take home shoot it like u stole it, don't work bring it back. i THINK TODAY A GOOD SHOOTER COULD TAKE AN ol style det45 and do wonders with it. For a 45 they were a nice compact..

southern thunder
02-03-2015, 09:49 AM
I have the Kimber. No problems.

berettabone
02-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Broke down and bought one of these..............

Bawanna
02-03-2015, 11:34 AM
That the one you want to put a Big Dot on? I know that fiber optic wouldn't work for me.

berettabone
02-03-2015, 11:38 AM
That be the one......................

TheTman
02-03-2015, 11:53 AM
My buddy has the Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, officers sized .1911. He doesn't like it as well as he thought it would. The pistol seems butt heavy, and wants to pull the holster and all right out of his pants. The holster seems like a good holster, just doesn't have a strong enough clamp on it, or he's not wearing his belt tight enough or something, but he's had the whole rig fall out of his pants several times. I think he's not tightening his belt tight enough to keep the holster in place. And after 500 or so rounds it still won't feed SD HP ammo reliably. Kimber says to run another 3 or 4 hundred rounds of hardball through it, and see if it doesn't straighten out. He's not able to make it to the range very often or for very long at a time due to his health, so he hasn't shot the extra 3 or 4 hundred rounds yet.

berettabone
02-03-2015, 12:07 PM
If there ever was a beautiful small 1911, the ultra is it. I would prefer the Ultra carry versus the crimson, but they are as beautiful a firearm as you will see. I think that your friend just doesn't have the right rig to carry his Kimber. Situations like that should never happen. I shy away from the more expensive 1911's, because if you have to make changes, you don't break the bank. Starting off with a $1000+ firearm, doesn't leave too much wiggle room. If you ever have to sell it, you will lose money. Also the finicky part of firearms, as far as the ammo you use, can be frustrating. If he can't make it to the range, to straighten out issues, IMHO, he may want to get a different firearm.

se3388
01-13-2016, 07:21 PM
I have a Stainless Titan and like it a lot, at one time I carried it daily but switched it out for a CW45 (much lighter). The Titan shoots pretty good, the only thing about it is that every once in a while it'll bean you in the noggin with an empty case.

Steve......