PDA

View Full Version : mk9 elite 03 fte

sstone
06-23-2010, 05:18 PM
First off I'm new to kahrs, but not new to firearms. Kahr states their guns need a min of 200 rounds before they are good to go. My mk9 was sent back after 500 rds (win white box, lawmen 115gr-124gr, fed 115, rws 124, rem golden 124), it never made it through a box of 50 rds without a failure to eject (stove-pipe). I replaced the cheap plastic guiderod with the tcs metal one. The metal rod did help with the problem but did not eliminate it (2 fte per 100rds). while at the factory, they stated on the work order that all they did was polish the barrel, slide, and slide stop. The work order also said it it was fired and checked out okay. I got my mk9 back and went straight to the range. Second round fte.... Wtf! Out of the next 248 rds there is a total of 30 fte using 124 gdhp, pmc 115fmj, pmc starfire 124, and rem golden 124. Called kahr, they told me some ammo works better than others in their guns, but refused to recomened a brand or even a weight (115,124,147,158). so, what do I do? This was going to be a back up gun, but I can't trust it. Kahr has "fixed" it... Or so they claim. i love metal guns.... With that said my glock always works.

Cobra21
06-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Well, there is a simple solution. Relax, and send it back. And keep sending it back until you are satisfied with the performance of the weapon.

It's not Kahr. There are plenty of good Kahrs. Just keep working with them (with respectful persistance) until you are satisfied.

Bawanna
06-29-2010, 11:26 PM
I have to agree with cobra, send it back (on their dime). Give as much detail as possible about the issues. Pictures or whatever you think would help. The folks at Kahr obviously know more than me but i don't agree that these guns are ammo sensitive. More like they run or they don't.
I'd have to think we're dealing with an extractor issue but hard to tell, just a guess.
Send her back, be patient. Give em another chance.
Several folks here have had to send back guns 2 or even 3 times. Not good, I don't like it, it shouldn't happen but it does. Kahr will take care of it.

Do keep us posted, we all learn from stuff like this.