PDA

View Full Version : Kahr customer service

Bigcube
09-21-2009, 06:15 PM
I want to thank the Ian at Kahr for the fine customer service. I had a small issue with my new PM9 and emailed them for advice. He was very helpful and sent some replacement parts at no cost. I was very happy with the service I received, just wanted to pass that along to others. Good service goes a long ways with me, I'm very happy to see a company stand behind their product.

cineski
09-22-2009, 10:45 AM
What was the issue out of curiosity? Yes, Kahr CS is great.

johnh
09-22-2009, 11:13 AM
I had a little issue my self a couple years back with my P9 mag catch and they took really good care of me well before there was any talk of this forum. The fix was completed in a day and the pistol headed back my way. It is refreshing to see that sort of customer care in this day and age.

John

Bigcube
09-22-2009, 03:37 PM
What was the issue out of curiosity? Yes, Kahr CS is great.
The slide would catch on the cap on the end of the guide pin preventing it from returning all the way. One of their suggestions was to make sure the end of the wire on the open end of the spring was at 12:00. I had already done that, it seemed to help in keeping the pin centered but I hadn't verified it was a complete fix. They also thought there could be something wrong with the guide pin assembly and sent a new one along with a new spring. Here is a pic of how the cap on the end was hanging the slide.
http://www.bigcube.org/yb/Slide1.jpg

500KV
09-22-2009, 04:10 PM
One of their suggestions was to make sure the end of the wire on the open end of the spring was at 12:00.

Now that's an interesting statement. Hadn't heard that.
Wonder why it should be at 12:00? Less likely to hang maybe?
I just always made sure the spring was installed with the open end toward the muzzle.
Don't guess they elaborated on that did they?

Bigcube
09-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Now that's an interesting statement. Hadn't heard that.
Wonder why it should be at 12:00? Less likely to hang maybe?
I just always made sure the spring was installed with the open end toward the muzzle.
Don't guess they elaborated on that did they?
I noticed it seems to push the caped end to the opposite side of the end of the wire. At 12:00 it push's it down which seems to help. I tried all positions of the end of the wire after it happened and that was my observation.

500KV
09-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Now I've confused myself.
Not to belabor a thing, but when we say 12:00 I assume that's with the slide upside down as it is when installing the spring right?

Bigcube
09-22-2009, 05:27 PM
I take 12:00 as in when the gun is right side up, so just under the site. When upside down that would mean 6:00 ;) Probably either way would work, the only time I had it hang was on the right or left side, never top or bottom.

500KV
09-22-2009, 05:33 PM
I take 12:00 as in when the gun is right side up, so just under the site. When upside down that would mean 6:00 ;) Probably either way would work, the only time I had it hang was on the right or left side, never top or bottom.
Thanks for straightening me out.
I really never paid any attention; just stuck it in there.

Bigcube
09-22-2009, 05:41 PM
There is a very slight ridge at the chamber end of the barrel to locate the flanged end of the pin for height. Nothing seems to stop it from moving to one side or the other. All my other pistols have had some sort of recess to positively locate the flanged end of the guide pin. Another thing I've done when reassembling the Kahr was to take a close look at the guide pin to make sure it is centered. This could have been a factor when I was having trouble. I have not been back to the range in a few weeks so all of these observations are just that, no formal proof it's fixed. If it still happens I'll put the new pin and spring in and try it.

ltxi
09-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Please let us know how it works out. I still believe there's something wrong with that guide rod.