PDA

View Full Version : Happy 239th Birthday, U.S. Marines!

wyntrout
11-10-2014, 05:18 AM
Happy 239th Birthday to the United States Marine Corps!

Semper Fidelis!

OORAH!!!

:Amflag2:

b4uqzme
11-10-2014, 07:23 AM
Yes, Happy Birthday!

gb6491
11-10-2014, 09:07 AM
http://i62.tinypic.com/24eswwk.jpg
Happy Birthday Marines!
I hope this 239th birthday of our Corps finds you and yours happy, healthy, and safe. God speed to those brothers and sisters going in harm's way.
It was a pleasure and an honor to have served with you all.
Semper Fi,
Greg

Bawanna
11-10-2014, 10:17 AM
I guess my son will enter in the 240th year. He heads to San Diego like Jan 10th for basic.

He signed up for some sort of Marine Security which required a 5 year hitch. Two years of the security thing and then three as infantry or some sort.

I guess that could change as time goes on. He seems ready and doesn't seem to have any signing remorse.

Kind of wish I could go with him myself but I'm not an early riser and I hate being told what to do, probably not good assets for a Marine.
Very few violets though, that would be good.

gb6491
11-10-2014, 11:08 AM
I guess my son will enter in the 240th year. He heads to San Diego like Jan 10th for basic.

He signed up for some sort of Marine Security which required a 5 year hitch. Two years of the security thing and then three as infantry or some sort.

I guess that could change as time goes on. He seems ready and doesn't seem to have any signing remorse.

Kind of wish I could go with him myself but I'm not an early riser and I hate being told what to do, probably not good assets for a Marine.
Very few violets though, that would be good.
Much respect and all the best to your son Bawanna.
"The Change is Forever"
Regards,
Greg

b4uqzme
11-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Happy Birthday. More than once in my life I have tried to place my time in the Corps as just another phase. Now at almost 80, I can tell you it won't work. Once a Marine, forever a Marine. You might just as well try to tear out your own spine.

Wear it proudly Cato. I know we're proud of you and thankful for your service.

kenemoore
11-11-2014, 02:59 AM
Happy Birthday from a former swab jockey.