PDA

View Full Version : what did I do

airuke
06-25-2010, 10:39 PM
I am the proud owner of a G 26 like it lots. I'm in the gun store the other day just looking around and ask to the clerk to let me hold a CW 9. Really felt nice in my hannd it looks nice I like it a lot. I buy it. Picking it up July 3rd after the 10 day waiting period.

Did I make a mistake? Are these two guns G 26 and CW 9 so similiar that it dors not make sense owning both?

Your advice is much appreciated:ohmy:

Bawanna
06-25-2010, 11:03 PM
I am the proud owner of a G 26 like it lots. I'm in the gun store the other day just looking around and ask to the clerk to let me hold a CW 9. Really felt nice in my hannd it looks nice I like it a lot. I buy it. Picking it up July 3rd after the 10 day waiting period.

Did I make a mistake? Are these two guns G 26 and CW 9 so similiar that it dors not make sense owning both?

You done good, thats what you did. I'm sure there's plenty of room in your gun wardrobe for a G26 and a CW9, although I suspect after you bond with your CW9 a bit the G26 might have a Cinderella syndrome spend so much time in the toy box.
While your waiting to pick it up, go to the tech section and read Jocko's Proper prep of your new Kahr, it'll help grease the skids some. There's links here to the owners manuals so you can read up and know each other right when you pick it up.
Let us know how things go for ya, ranges reports etc. Pics when appropriate. Lots of willing and helpful folks here that know Kahrs and life well. All you gotta do is ask.

airuke
06-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Thanks Bawanna I'm sure I will enjoy the gun and will look in the direction you pointed me in I looked at the disassembly video on the Kahr web site and it seemed so much different than taking apart a Glock but I will get used to that I'm sure.

ripley16
06-26-2010, 06:02 AM
Compared to the G26 there are some things you may find you'll like and some you'll dislike about the Kahr.

Personally I've never liked the two finger grip (pinky tucked under) of the Glock. The Kahr gives a nicer grip.

You may not like the Kahr trigger compared to the Glock. It will feel long and heavy.

Generally speaking, I shoot Kahr better, that is; more accurately and quicker than Glocks. That may vary of course, but Kahrs seem more pointable to me.

All Glocks are pretty much the same. Kahrs aren't quite as universally similar, nor is there a whole plethera of accessories available for Kahrs as there is for the Glock line.

Enjoy your new Kahr. It's different enough from your G26 that you'll never confuse yourself as to which one you're shooting.

jeep45238
06-26-2010, 06:14 AM
One is easier to carry and is more ergonomic, the other feels more like a brick and is easier for folks to shoot after the first shot (assuming they know how to release to the reset and that's it).

It boils down to body mechanics, pistol ergonomics, and muscle memory. I shot my Kahr pistols as well as my 1911 that I use to use for defense and competition, however, much slower. I shot Glocks, 1911's, Hi Powers, well, pretty much everything but revolvers faster than Kahr's.

For me, and my personal use and training, Glocks are at the bottom of the pile of options that I'll take (but if you're giving me one for free....game!). Kahrs are near the top. S&W M&P's currently occupy slot #1, 1911's slot #2, and Browning Hi Powers #3.

jocko
06-26-2010, 09:47 AM

made a mistake. After shooting the kahr, your glock will be very lonely sitting around the house:cheer2:

BadAndy
06-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Only mistake you made is living in a state that has waiting periods ;)

The only things similar are that they're compact and shoot the same round.

The trigger will probably take some getting used to after shooting a Glock for so long but it will get nicer the more it's used (lots of shooting and dry firing).

linksrds
07-04-2010, 03:35 PM
You will find in a very short period of time, why the CW9 is such a popular pistol. IMO, it is a natural pointer and fits better in my hand. The Glock does not seem to balance as well and feels bulkier.

Be sure you shoot the CW9 200 times as Kahr states in their information packet. However, my CW9 did not have any failurres at all, even during the break in period.

The trigger will smooth out after shooting it and after a while, you will be able to know when the pistol is about to fire.

Enjoy the pistol !